Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ESC and LiPo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
rik
RCC Addict

Default ESC and LiPo

ok, here we go. my first question is, does anyone know how many volts the Losi LiPo packs hold? i know it's a 7.4v LiPo, but does it peak at 8.4 volts like a normal LiPo? the reason i am asking is i just got a 7.4v 180mah LiPo for this bad boy and my ESC is getting hot. maybe not hot, but pretty darn warm. (and i have not even run the pack all the way thru, maybe down to 7.37 volts) Is anyone else's ESC getting warm from running a LiPo? i am just wondering about that Losi LiPo. What turned me off from it is the lack of a balance plug. no balance plug and a wall charger tell me Losi is just selling me a freakin cell phone battery (bad metaphor) for forty bucks. i dont know about you guys and gals out there, but i'm not charging ANY LiPo w/out a balance charge. (you ever see a LiPo pack "explode"?, it aint pretty ) i got my pack off flea-bay for $9 shipped, w/ a balance plug. this way i can monitor each cell while charging. great pack too, tons of run time. (thus why i haven't run the pack down to 6v)

thanks in advance
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The Losi Lipo is normal voltages, and are actually pretty good packs....and yes the ESC will get a bit warm, you are running almost twice the stock voltage
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote