Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My New Micros and Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default My New Micros and Course

Hey guys,
So i picked up two Micros this weekend and started building a really cool course for them to run. Here are some pics of the progress so far...

The green one is mine, i have done the usual mods so far...Relocated batt to the front axle, trimed 2 coils off of the springs to get it a little bit lower, flipped the tranny to add more weight up front, removed the foams and added a wrap of solder in each wheel i am going to add a little more weight up front. The blue one is the GF's and i told her that i will help her mod it but she is going to have to do the work!

This part isnt done yet but it is build out of spray foam. I just cut the cardboard that it is on to a kind of rock shape and then built up walls out of card board. Then i filled it in with spray foam and let it dry (let it sit for 24 hours otherwise the inside will be wet and will come out the top if you trim it). Then i just used a regular steak knife to trim it and shape it how i wanted. Later i am going to mount it to a large sheet of foam because the cardboard is to weak. I am going to build up indavidual spray foam rocks to fill in the interior but i am not going to glue them in so i can move them around so i dont get bored with it. The white ones i cut out of foam left over from x-mas...They are just there to get an idea of how it will be.

This is just a sheet of cardboard with all of the strafoam rocks layed out on it. I used tape to hold them down so i can rearrange them. Later i plan to have a second sheet of foam with this same kind of thing on it. I think i may try to use pins or something to hold them down so i can still move them but the tape comes up to easily. Also i plan on laying out courses using the flat thumb tacks as markers.

Hope you guys like everything...I will take pics when i build the rest to show the process, i was in too much of a hurry before!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

nice!
also. I want you bike.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote