Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing Rims & SHocks Suggestions Before Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hot Racing Rims & SHocks Suggestions Before Install

I put my new HR rims & shocks on one of my Micros as mentioned yesterday. Just a couple things I found you may want to consider before installing them:

1) The rims fit fantastic on the tires so even if they aren't in perfect condition (tires), They are so airtight in fact I would suggest drilling a small hole through the rims before installation of the tires to allow the air pressure to equalize easier. A flat spot takes a while to come back.

2)As for the shocks they ar really nice also, but even the "soft" springs seem a little too strong for me. I like the truck to sit in a lower stance so I cut the springs to about half their original length. This allows the truck to sit lower and the shocks still work god.

Just a couple of suggestions to consider. If somebody knows of an even softer spring that would work please let us all know.

Thank You.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Got any photos?

Does it crawl better(vs stock) with the new shocks and springs?
Pocket Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Reply

As far as the shocks they look really awesome but don't notice a lot of improvement in handling. The rims seem to be a good weight and are excellent beadlocks, They are also very nice looking and good quality. I painted my rings gray to match the body.

Sorry no pictures until the first of the month as my bandwidth is used up for this month.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I dont seem to have any problems with air trapped in the tire. Though I didnt torque the bead locks down more than hand tight. If it does need a hole Ill just poke a hole in the backside of the tire rather than the wheel

as far as the shocks the soft springs do seem stiff..for a stock/near stock weight McRC , but I think anyone using metal tubing,chassis or even a hard model would be ok, especially after a little break in
Someone on here was going to try and use springs from a pen which should work well.
I have an old lock/doorknob to a bedroom door that i remember had pen like springs so i may try that
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

That's too bad the new shocks seem to be mostly show and not so much go....but dang they do look nice! I did read somewhere that just one drop of oil inside them helps to smooth out their action...maybe that's the key to getting them more towards the go side of things.
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDuuChild View Post
That's too bad the new shocks seem to be mostly show and not so much go....but dang they do look nice! I did read somewhere that just one drop of oil inside them helps to smooth out their action...maybe that's the key to getting them more towards the go side of things.
thats not true at all, they are still better than stock
stronger and smoother
and the person that added the oil suggested to NOT do as he did because he felt it needed a break in.
my McRC is apart for a scale chassis but I am tempted to run it stock with the new goodies just to have some quick fun :p
Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

spoo- I was responding to the OP's opinion that "As far as the shocks they look really awesome but don't notice a lot of improvement in handling." Which to me says that although stronger, they don't seem to be much better at keeping the wheels planted and only offered the suggestion of oil after reading it helped someone else (guess I didn't see the post after when that person said not to oil them).

Last edited by VooDuuChild; 01-30-2010 at 12:59 PM.
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDuuChild View Post
spoo- I was responding to the OP's opinion that "As far as the shocks they look really awesome but don't notice a lot of improvement in handling." Which to me says that although stronger, they don't seem to be much better at keeping the wheels planted and only offered the suggestion of oil after reading it helped someone else (guess I didn't see the post after when that person said not to oil them).
Ahh i see. IMO it may not be a drastic improvement you can see right away or feel as if you were riding in it
But with as smooth as these are and just the weight alone you would think it would be a litter better than stock. i just like knowing they wont snap if you look at them the wrong way lol