Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 8750kv brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 8750kv brushless

Has anyone actually tried out the 8750kv brushless setup for the micro-t in these trucks? I'm guessing it'd be too fast and have lousy low speed control, but it looks to be sensored....maybe on 1s lipo?
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Hello,

Do you mean the Xcelorin (damn thats hard to spell) motor for the micro T? If so I its not sensored. The KV is way to high for 2S. It could work on 1S, but I suspect that it would have less torque than a 2S setup with less KV.

I run a Feigao 4100 KV with a MiniQLO ESC in mine and it works great. More than enough speed (at least for me) and enough torque to snap the drive shafts if the slipper clutch is too tight

Last edited by Lorents; 04-07-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Lorents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thats the one. How smooth is the Feigao setup? Also, can anyone confirm what the largest diameter motor is that will fit in these? I broke out my calipers and it looks like 12mm with a 1.5mm output shaft.

Last edited by Mortimer Snerd; 04-08-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Its pretty smooth. I use the 56t HR spur gear with the smallest pinion. I can run it as slow as I want without cogging. I get about 40 minutes run time from a 180 mAh 2S lipo. Motor and ESC generates no heat at all.

The Feigao is perfect imho, but I havent found the perfect ESC yet. The MiniQLO ESC works just fine. Its small and fits well but does not have lipo cutoff and I had to add some expo on my tx to get a smooth throttle curve. I tried a CC Phoenix 10A heli ESC on it and it was smoother, but lacks reverse. Might give the Xcelorin ESC a try but I think it has some safety thingy on it that makes you wait before it goes into reverse. Quark 22A is another option, probably very smooth but unfortunately too big for me.

If anyone have any suggestions for suitable ESC's please let me know

I'll post some pics of the setup in the picture thread...
Lorents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Has anyone actually tried out the 8750kv brushless setup for the micro-t in these trucks? I'm guessing it'd be too fast and have lousy low speed control, but it looks to be sensored....maybe on 1s lipo?
I have tried it and it's ok if you aren't to throttle happy.the good thing about it is that it has torque to get over obstacles fairly easy.so it's not to bad.good luck.
tcscrawler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

hows the cogging on the micro xcelorin the 1/10 cogged too much on my buddys comp crawler
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

My question is when you go brushless you have to get a receiver as well, no?

What receiver is everyone buying?
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

You have to run a different rx with the brushless setup. I'm running the spektrum sr3500 in my micro DT. I might just try this setup in my crawler soon though just to see how it does.
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote