Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Tire Question!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Tire Question!

Okay so do you guy think that these tires (http://cgi.ebay.ca/URETHANE-BFG-T-A-...8#ht_500wt_956) will fit the stock rims?

Thanks orangeplug.
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

they are for a xmod wheel, so they wont fit the stock wheels cause the xmod wheels are smaller
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Just message the seller and ask him. If he doesn't know, ask what the ID is. if its close they will stretch.
Ratboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I've got a set of the super swamped boggers. They look nice but they are a bit stiff and ain't good for crawling.
willy1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Their not really going to be crawling much ,I'm going to be making a trail truck and I don't want to use the stock tires just the rims also these are the only tires that look scale enough.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

I just these tires tonight in the mail Click Me!! from the same guy. They were made for the Losi Micro Crawler. They look good but, I think they are too hard for crawling. I will let you know when I get them installed.
ARTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTZ View Post
I just these tires tonight in the mail Click Me!! from the same guy. They were made for the Losi Micro Crawler. They look good but, I think they are too hard for crawling. I will let you know when I get them installed.
Do they fit yet?
Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #8

i just put them on and they fit fine. When they are not installed they are about the same size as the originals, but once they are on the rims they stretch slightly and look bigger. I will take some pictures tomorrow if you would like. They are definitely heavier. I haven't weight them yet but the truck feels heavier. As DogBreath said somewhere on this forum (or a another forum; I can't remember) the weight in the tires is above and below the axle so it doesn't help out too much. I'm charging the battery as we speak (actually as I type) so, I will find out later tonight.

For a scale looking truck they look great, I'll have to determine if they are good for crawling. I only bought this crawler to kill time between qualifying rounds at my 1/10 oval races.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Artz for the info!
I'm going to get the ones you got for my Cammando!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #10

And they are Canadian so no duty and cheap shipping. Yeah!!! I received them in less than a week to New Brunswick.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Sorry, but dogbreath is wrong. Tire weight will lower overall CG just as much as wheel weights. Any weight added below the current center of gravity will lower it. Looking forward to your review on the tire!
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTZ View Post
And they are Canadian so no duty and cheap shipping. Yeah!!! I received them in less than a week to New Brunswick.
okay im in canada to,im going to order the tires on the 5th same with the Cammando!!cant wait!!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #13

looks great, just not great at crawling. Plus my tubs are cut for the stock tires and with these being larger in diameter I cannot run them unless I am playing monster truck

bkotzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #14

They look great and they have lots of "sticky" traction but the tires have very little give/flex over rocks. For a scale crawler they will work pretty good but for a competitive crawler they will not do the job. Also, the tires being much heavier sometimes the servo saver is too weak to turn the front tires; which is a good thing as the servo saver is saving the servo.

The other advantage of the tires is that the diameter of the tires is larger it is able to tackle larger rocks easier when heading straight on to an obstacle. My calipers are at the track so I can't measure the tire diameter until Friday night.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Sorry, but dogbreath is wrong. Tire weight will lower overall CG just as much as wheel weights. Any weight added below the current center of gravity will lower it. Looking forward to your review on the tire!

Whatever....put them on and run them....you'll see what I mean.
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #16

One thing that I forgot to mention was that the tire treads are very flex but were the tires are solid the main part of the tire (where the "air" would be) does not flex at all.

I wonder if I could setup a jig and "dremel" out some of the inside of the tires without destroying them.

Last edited by ARTZ; 05-05-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added content.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

i was looking around for a good scale looking tire for my micro, and i think the wheels and tires off of the losi micro desert truck look good and they will fit. Im going to go to the hobby shop this weekend and pick some up i will post pics when i get them
Old 05-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Micro DT wheels will NOT fit the crawler!
The crawler takes a hex mount....the DT is bearing mount in the front and D mount in the rear......and they are way way short.
Dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Micro DT wheels/tires look pretty damn scale IMO.
These are NOT mounted to micro axles though.

ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

im just useing the tire not the rims