Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: RTR Binding Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #1

Default RTR Binding Issues

Hello all, complete RC newb checking in here. I tried searching on this and found a little info but not any real answers.

I picked up this RTR from a friend and it's in perfect condition. the only problem is that the transmitter won't easily bind with the car. I's frustrating to say the least but eventually it will bind and everything is good to go. The friend whom I got this from never had this problem because he had his own transmitter to use, which binds immediately every time. he told me he's heard of these problems with the RTR but never really looked in to it.

My question is will Losi or HH warranty this issue? I'm looking for results from people whom have had this issue and reported it for warranty.

Even tips on getting them to bind would be a big help.

I know that buying a different transmitter would fix the issue but right now that's just not in the cards.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hypnotik Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I had a problem one time and it turned out my battery wasn't fully charged. Try this. 1st be sure ur battery is fully charged 2 turn both the rx and tx off 3 hold down the bind button and turn on the rx while still holding the bind button till u see a red and flashin green led ( about 5 sec or so). Then turn on the tx when the orange led stops flashin it still may take a sec or so after. Try that once or twice.
willy1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #3

I did not think to change the batteries in the transmitter. They look like some cheapos that were included with purchase. I'll try that when I get home.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I recently fried the ESC/RX and had to get a replacement. The replacement ESC/RX would not bind with two different TXs - the replacement (for the replacement!) that Horizon Hobby sent me works great.

Give them a call!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The batteries that come with the crawler/transmitter suck. Change them after the first charge/run and you should be good to go. I have ran into this problem with mine and my sons both.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #6

Yep, I put in some fresh batteries last night and now it binds on the first try. Thanks a lot.

This car's a lot more fun now that I don't have to fiddle with getting it to bind for 15 minutes before I run it.