Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where are the MRC bodies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Where are the MRC bodies?

I've had a MRC for about a year now and have been modding this and that, including the dp chassis. Micros rock man, nuff said.

Where can I find some other bodies for this cool little crawler? Of course there is the Losi body, but it seems like there are no other choices anywhere.

Also, I'm sure you guys have discussed this before, but what do you think of the Xcelorin brushless set up? Where is the best deal for it and the little losi reciever?

Thanks guys! -J

Last edited by jlanders001; 08-13-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Forgot question
jlanders001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Check out Dogbreath racing site...he has a few bodies. (bronco, bug, etc.)

As for the brushless? I have a Castle Micro Pro esc and 2 micro sized 3800 and 2000 motors. They are good but the 3800 is really hard to keep from cogging. The 2000 is just too slow. It is incredible on the control factor but has no punch to help bump it up a ledge at all. I havn't found a motor to fit inbetween these 2 sizes.

My favorite combination so far is an Atomic BB 34t motor with a single cell lipo and stock esc. I have found it to be the best control, toque, and speed for my liking. Plus I can throw in a 7.4v lipo and it's more like a rock racer speed.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the response. I'll try that site.

I wondered what a single cell lipo would do in terms of power. So a big gain in voltage gives you more speed, but not much more torque?

Man, I wish novak made a micro set-up. I love their brushless 10th scale GOAT crawler system. My 10th scale rocks (no pun intended). You just can't beat that pinpoint control!
jlanders001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i just mounted and painted a DB bonco body. nice quality.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
RCC Addict

BNR has some bodies also. I'm surprised Losi hasn't cme out with a 1:24 Grappler body yet.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanders001 View Post
Thanks for the response. I'll try that site.

I wondered what a single cell lipo would do in terms of power. So a big gain in voltage gives you more speed, but not much more torque?

Man, I wish novak made a micro set-up. I love their brushless 10th scale GOAT crawler system. My 10th scale rocks (no pun intended). You just can't beat that pinpoint control!

Actually it gives you both torque and speed...the trouble is that it makes the truck too touchy throughout the throttle curve to because of the speed and u no longer get the low end smoothness. It's for with the extra power but u give up so much in control.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #7

I was corrected not long ago as I have both. And typically the micro is known as an McRC. the MRC would be the mini.....I know details details right?
uncivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #8

go to ebay.com and type scaler losi micro crawler they have some nice one atm.. good scale body for cheap.. I just find this out today
milenko_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Check out Dogbreath racing site...he has a few bodies. (bronco, bug, etc.)

As for the brushless? I have a Castle Micro Pro esc and 2 micro sized 3800 and 2000 motors. They are good but the 3800 is really hard to keep from cogging. The 2000 is just too slow. It is incredible on the control factor but has no punch to help bump it up a ledge at all. I havn't found a motor to fit inbetween these 2 sizes.

My favorite combination so far is an Atomic BB 34t motor with a single cell lipo and stock esc. I have found it to be the best control, toque, and speed for my liking. Plus I can throw in a 7.4v lipo and it's more like a rock racer speed.
To make things a bit easier - you'll find Dogbreath Racing stuff at thetoyz.com

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_manufacturers.lasso

We're still trying to get to grips with which setup will give best crawling performance - we're running 2s lipo at the mo and it's pretty manic !

[EDIT:more detail]

Stock motor, esc, radio & receiver, body. 2s lipo, DP torsion chassis & BWD wheel weights. It's difficult to get it to run slowly which the DP chassis likes. I'd like to go with 1S lipo but struggle to find anything on ebay easily accessible from England - probably going to burn out the motor before we get the right power setup.

Last edited by rockroad; 10-05-2010 at 02:13 AM.
rockroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

i haver a dogbreath bug all hacked up its cool i just wish the roof were more round like the bigger bug bodies
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #11

I'm actually looking at putting a Monogram/Revell plastic model kit body on mine. One of the guys I 1/10 scale crawl with did it and it looks creat. 1/24th or 1/25th scale bodies. He used some of the parts tree to make the body mounting possible. I also put my Micro High Roller body on mine and even in 1/36th it really doesn't look too bad.
Bernman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

i found a remedy to the flat roof o th dogbreath bug all i can say is it involves a aa battery and a lighter you figure it out
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote