Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: micro comp??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

We all kinda covered this in the other thread!
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
We all kinda covered this in the other thread!
BAM!
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I think with all the knowledge in this forum. We should come up with the rules and guidelines to the Micro comp. I mean lets start discussing wheelbase lengths and width. Tube chassis or box stock. Im not even sure what the rules are for 2.2 or 1.9 but Im willing to help figure some out.
crawlerknownothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Lightbulb Hmmm..

Dig on a micro ey.. Considering I've only seen it done once and I highly doubt we'll see a "dig kit" available for the micro any time soon I think the dig idea would be alright for an unlimited class, but if you're going to allow dig, you ought to allow 4WS...

As for bodyless crawlers I'd only expect to be fair here, for those of us that have built bodyless micro crawlers built them to enjoy them as well. I'd say any chassis meant to be bodyless, gets to be bodyless.

For bodied crawlers I'd say if there's 70% or more of the original body (approximately) you're good to go.

I'd say a good maximum wheel base is 5 inches.

Maximum weight, I'm not sure about my umm.. Field scale doesn't go high enough to weigh my rig I'm sure mine's on the light side at the moment though, I'm sure I could add lots more weight, and I definitely need to. Rocks are slick when tires are cold. LoL!

Course marker idea; I found tiny tennis balls at pets'mart = awesome.

Hmmm.. What else can I think of.. As for a scale class I'm sayin that 1.9 scale class rules are a fine start. I say leave the scalers alone anyway, they've put enough work into their rigs, let em drive em.. jeez.

Well.. I've been the devils advocate per usual. I still think that dig on a micro is ridiculous personally. I'd keep it to two channels, one for steering, and one for throttle. Then let people opt for 4WS instead. I found that the biggest problem with dig here on any scale is that when the majority of people installed their dig systems, the course makers made it impossible for rigs without dig to complete courses without having to reverse on several turns.
DSchulten88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

exact scaled down specs from 1.9 are all in the other thread
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

and dig is not just for turning its more for undercuts and manuvering and finding traction otherwise not possible with 4wd but dig is ridiculous on these to a point thats why i scaled down 1.9 rules in the other thread
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote