Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: whats the toughest chasis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default whats the toughest chasis

i need to make a seriously bulletproff rig my son wants one for his 3rd bday and i dont want it breakin being that he'll only be 3 somethin simple and extremely tough im almost thinkin like a raptor or a pinch but what are you guys' thoughts? i dont think my dp will hold up to his shenanigans
and btw is the raptor dyeable i was thinkin of dying some of the parts yellow for a tonka look

Last edited by murderface; 09-18-2010 at 09:14 AM.
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The stock chassis. Remove the shock and put in hair tie limiting straps, alot of wieght in the tires. Just so he keeps the shiny side up.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
The stock chassis. Remove the shock and put in hair tie limiting straps, alot of wieght in the tires. Just so he keeps the shiny side up.
youre the only one on this forum that actually know gavyn and you know he'll wreck the stock micro
Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The stock micro is durable a brick s#%t house. Aluminum side plates and all. If you put the electronic down low and put plate braces in he should have no problem with it, but for a 3 year it is kinda a waste of money to buy and mod. Unless it is going to be "his crawler" AKA yours.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
The stock micro is durable a brick s#%t house. Aluminum side plates and all. If you put the electronic down low and put plate braces in he should have no problem with it, but for a 3 year it is kinda a waste of money to buy and mod. Unless it is going to be "his crawler" AKA yours.
I agree. So long as it does not fall from any seruIous height, say a couple of feet, it should be fine. The stocker with the limiting elastics in place of the springs works quite well.

The real trick is wheel weight. For the front: remove the foam, wrap solder around the rim channel and about 30-35 BBs. Rear: remove the foam and 20-25 BBs. That should be OK for starters.

Also, stick with the stock battery as he cannot do it damage by overdraining.

Phil.
pilmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yes, pilmat. I couldnt have said it any better
Old 09-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

im still kinda thinking raptor as it kid of resembles something tonka no offense plus it is gonna be his aka mine
Old 09-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Its a good excuse to buy a second one.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I gave my 6 YO one for his 6th birthday(yes I know a big difference between 3 and 6), but his(yes its his) has stood up very well(no mods). My son does have RAD(Reactional Attachment Disorder) and is a little destructive at times(a lot of his other toys), but this has been great for him. If you do give him one, just be around and crawl with him(another good way to spend quality time together).
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

my kid always wants to do whatever i do and as of now hes my reset man when i roll over but when he said he wanted one i had to say yes now all i gotta do is get ahold of r7r and see if they can make me some plain white sideplates for the raptor so i can cook em up and dye em yellow im feelin the tonka theme on this one ill start a build thread within the next month mine and his
Old 09-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
I agree. So long as it does not fall from any seruIous height, say a couple of feet, it should be fine. The stocker with the limiting elastics in place of the springs works quite well.

The real trick is wheel weight. For the front: remove the foam, wrap solder around the rim channel and about 30-35 BBs. Rear: remove the foam and 20-25 BBs. That should be OK for starters.

Also, stick with the stock battery as he cannot do it damage by overdraining.

Phil.
stock is all you need mine went flyin down 100ft nothin broke even the wimpy shocks
fishermon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

im good i got it all figured out. look for the tonka built thread coming in about 2 weeks
Old 09-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

ripper777777 got back to me today hes just gotta get some white delrin and were gonna be golden .....literally its gonna be bright yellow