Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Anyone running heli lipos?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone running heli lipos?

I just picked up a couple E Flight 250 mah heli lipos at the LHS today and was wondering if anyone else is running them in their micro crawlers. They were cheap so I grabbed em, not too sure on how i am going to charge them tho. I have a E flight charger for my MCX2 but that is set up for 160 mah, can i just charge the 250's 2x on that charger to achieve a full charge? I have a Venom pro charger that'll go down to 1s and i can set the mah would that be too much for these batts? Any help would be apreciated
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #2

I use a Thunder AC6 for my batteries. They're $60 shipped from HobbyPartz.com and can charge down to 0.1 amps. They don't perfectly balance the packs, but it's pretty darn close for the money.
The_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm using some 3.7v 1 cell and makin 2 pack 800mah. They last a long time and only cost a few $ each on eBay. Walkera makes them I think.
willy1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

from what i read in the manual to my pro charger i can charge the 250 mah 1s packs no problem i just have to make an adaptor out of the included blank leads, LHS didnt have any leads with the ends I need in stock so Ill have to wait for them to come in. Being 1s packs theres no balancing involved just a really low charge rate, about .2 to .3 amps. the e-flight lipos are very small and light and hopefully will at least double my run times. Speaking of run times... it seems like the more I run my stock packs the better the runtime gets...are they getting conditioned or something? and thanks for the info so far!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Speaking of run times... it seems like the more I run my stock packs the better the runtime gets...are they getting conditioned or something? and thanks for the info so far!
I've actually noticed the same thing i started with like 10 mins then when i added more weight they dropped to about 6 but now im getting almost 15 mins with even more weight. Im wondering if its because im now using energizer max batts in the charger.
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I modded the stock charger to run on AC. Still getting short run times but they are getting better the more I use the batteries. Not real fond of the stock Nimhi packs ,heavy and short run times so I picked up the lipos. I know they will work and Ive run across pics of guys using them but I cant find the post now...