Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: quick question on removing foam, adding weight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #1

Default quick question on removing foam, adding weight...

Hey guys,
Since the tires are pre-glued to the wheels, how the heck do you remove them without ripping up the tires? sorry for the noob questions but I don't want to ruin the tires. thanks.

Brandon
helifrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Old guy

Good luck with that. Thats why we use beadlocks. You might have room to stick the weight on the rim, around the knuckle.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default My Method

I used my thumbnails and just start peeling the tire off the rim. Obviously you only need to do one side and one usually has much less glue.

I said "used" because as the previous poster noted the only real way to go is to use true beadlock rims. Don at BWD has by far the best rims, for functionality and appearance.

http://billet-works.com/losi_micro_rock_crawler_parts
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Good luck with that. Thats why we use beadlocks. You might have room to stick the weight on the rim, around the knuckle.
you realize youre in the micro forum right ? the stock wheels are glued thats what he's trying to deal with

there is a beadlock mod for these and a good write up on un gluing the tires

beadlock mod Micro PVC Beadlock Mod

un gluing tires pilmat Build Log

Last edited by murderface; 11-11-2010 at 10:46 AM.
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper4x4.com View Post
Those are SICK! I can't wait to get some of the black Vertex's!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #6

murderface, thats exactly what I was looking for. seems the way he has done it is what I figured I would have to do in the first place. only mods so far is mounting the battery on the servo and cutting off four coils of spring from the shocks. articulation is a little better. I want to keep this thing close to stock but get better than stock performance. I went to the hobby shop and picked up some new tire sets just incase I mess something up. I found a 3S 250mah lipo in my battery box, I plan to do a 1S2P 500mah pack out of it, I could get away with making it 3P and 750mah, imagine the run time on that! it'll fit in the stock location with a little plastic trimming! it would still fit on top of the servo but would be slightly bulky. All my darn tools and goodies are in Iraq so I can't do much here at home without buying new stuff. other than that, I am going to ditch the servo saver and hopefully go 4WS in the future, ditch the plastic on the rx/esc when I get back to iraq and put a small heatsink on the motor for the larger battery. thank again guys!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #7

Foam is out, weight is in! easy enough. I wasn't sure exactly how much weight to put in, I don't have a scale, so I put 45 bb's in the front tires and 20 in the rear tires. couldn't find leadshot anywhere. also flipped the tranny. can't wait to get ahold of my real tools!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

i got my leadshot out of shotgun shells you just unfold the crimp on the tip and pour it into a dish then tuck the plastic back down load it in a gun and fire it as a blank
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote