Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: micro comp??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default micro comp??

has there been any word about actually comping these things ? like a real class for them??
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

not that i have herd of yet but im sure thier will be some comps most places all it takes is geting a group of pepole togther that want to comp and they will make a class for it
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

im just curious what theyll limit things like whelbase and tire size to since a lot of these aftermarket chasis are really makin them long case in point r7r and a few other guys im kinda thinkin 5 inches would be fair seeing how that keeps most of us in it and as far as tire size maybe like 2 3/4 or whatever is close in mm
Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

sweet it only took me 2 1/2 yrs to go from newbie to rock stacker lol ive been away from the forum too long
Old 09-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

to find out wheel base and tire size you just scale down anther class
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

thats kinda what i was doing roughly basing it on 2.2 scaled way down
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The micro comp would have to allow dig. No 4ws. wheel base limit 5 inches. Track width limit 4.75 inches. Tire limit 2.50 inches. Body H 2", L 4.75", W 2.25" minimum dim. And wieght limit 14oz. That would be modded class. That my idea please give your idea and thoughts.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

agree with all except the 4ws i think you should be aloud to have either the 4ws or a dig one or the other but thats because i ave a redcats and would love to be able to comp it lol
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterchristopher View Post
agree with all except the 4ws i think you should be aloud to have either the 4ws or a dig one or the other but thats because i ave a redcats and would love to be able to comp it lol
I don't think u can comp a redcat against a Losi micro: aren't redcats 1/8 scale? I'm confused...
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterchristopher View Post
were just scaling down 1/10 rules and yea red cats arent 1/24 scale lol
Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I know it’s a 1/10 2.2 but I can’t comp it because it has 4ws sadly.

my little lose though is ready to go also I think we should allow the sue of a winch i love it i say while the crawler is useing the winch time counts as double so if it takes you 1 second to winch up a clime you add 1 second to it winch time will be counted from the time you grab the winch to the time it is unhooked. You are not allowed to be the anchor point you must anchor to the course and you are not allowed to alter the course to make an anchor point i.e. move rocks what do you guys think
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Based on the rig size and the market it potentially reaches, I think the rules for the micro class should be pretty basic, similar to 1.9. Dig and 4WS are no-go, 2 channel: 1 steering for the front wheels and 1 throttle for the single motor. Size is something that needs to be discussed, but I'm inclined to say it needs to be a bodied class as I find the body-less rigs tend to look like "things" at this scale (however that is only an opinion).

Another important rule is maximum weight, as this can be a real tuning point if this is not set too high. These rigs like weight, if it is well placed, and setting the maximum to something like 230 g would cause people to tune with weight and keep things reasonable.

As for the winch, I'm not bothered either way, but the double time idea is good but it puts more emphasis on judging.

Those are my initial thoughts. We are considering how to start organizing some fun-crawls here in Montreal and these basic parameters are all on the table as we want to give people common ground to work with.

Cheers, Phil.
pilmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
Based on the rig size and the market it potentially reaches, I think the rules for the micro class should be pretty basic, similar to 1.9. Dig and 4WS are no-go, 2 channel: 1 steering for the front wheels and 1 throttle for the single motor. Size is something that needs to be discussed, but I'm inclined to say it needs to be a bodied class as I find the body-less rigs tend to look like "things" at this scale (however that is only an opinion).

Another important rule is maximum weight, as this can be a real tuning point if this is not set too high. These rigs like weight, if it is well placed, and setting the maximum to something like 230 g would cause people to tune with weight and keep things reasonable.

As for the winch, I'm not bothered either way, but the double time idea is good but it puts more emphasis on judging.

Those are my initial thoughts. We are considering how to start organizing some fun-crawls here in Montreal and these basic parameters are all on the table as we want to give people common ground to work with.

Cheers, Phil.
I stil cant get over the fact these things are being weighed in grams i keep having to check the conversions on my phone lol...and what are you guys using to weight them digital postage scales or a tripple beam?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

IPhone app scale I think it will fit lol
Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

I have a small kitchen scale (5000 g) and a jeweler's scale (100.0 g), both digital. As for the grams, I'm just used to it being Canadian, I too have to convert when talking in ounces. Plus with the light weight, grams are a more convenient scale for micros (29 g = 1.023 oz; 30 g = 1.058 oz).

Phil.
pilmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

i can just see some of these guys tuning in the field with a little weed scale lol
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
Teo

I think that there should be three class limited, unlimited and scale. That's only my opinion.

Last edited by Teo; 09-16-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I agree
Old 09-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Yes, I say a modded class(like I posted), scale(with winches), and stock mod
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #20

Exclamation

Multiple classes is the only way to go.I'm all about the scaler class