Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: modded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #1

Default modded

i have looked through the other topics and didnt see anything to help me out im wondering what you guys are using in lou of the stock electronics ie. esc motor and servos i have not seen anything outher than atomicmods bb motor but was told its to fast and not working well so what electronics are you guys using and what is your best axle extencion
custom_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

i run a Hitec HS-55 for the servo..around $13 on ebay. other than that i run the stock motor and esc. axle extension? do you mean links and drives shafts? or making the axles wider?

Last edited by rik; 12-21-2010 at 09:17 PM.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

servo is the first thing youll need to do , hitec 65 or spektrum h3000 are imo the best you can get for it i run the spektrum cuz its perttier than the hitec lol

then youll want to get ahold of getbent and have him rebuild a bbv2 to 80t (i'm sure he hates winding these things by now)

that way you can run 2s lipo without burning holes in your carpet and pullin wheelies everytime you hit the throttle

thats about it for electronics other than changing all wiring to 22ga noodle wire and using either jst or micro deans connectors
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
servo is the first thing youll need to do , hitec 65 or spektrum h3000 are imo the best you can get for it i run the spektrum cuz its perttier than the hitec lol

then youll want to get ahold of getbent and have him rebuild a bbv2 to 80t (i'm sure he hates winding these things by now)

that way you can run 2s lipo without burning holes in your carpet and pullin wheelies everytime you hit the throttle

thats about it for electronics other than changing all wiring to 22ga noodle wire and using either jst or micro deans connectors
I've heard good things about the Traxxas 2065 Waterproof Servos as well. Most can be had for $10 -$15.

I've got an order in w/ Get bent on one of those 80T motors.

I'm still up in the air as to what battery(s) to run.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #5

awsome thanks guys any other ideas

and yes i was talking bout the drive shafts and links i was wanting to streatch it to 7in since thats what they talking bout in the comp class

and how does the bent links up front help with turning ???

this is my first crawler been in rc for near 5 yrs but crawling and racing are nothing alike
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

wow where to start ? whose talkin about 7 inch wb damn i mean a mini has a max of 8.5 so...damn doesnt sound like any of the rules i read or was a part of

bent links arent for turning theyre for clearance on break overs

read this thread Micro Crawler comp rules?

and if you want the chasis to perform at all i recomment at least a dp chasis
pinch or bwd, if you dont want to run a body the tmc or anything from r7r

youre also gonna want real beadlock wheels like bwd vertex and a good tire ive heard good things about rc4wd stuff and when you mount them dont forget to put some lead shot in at least the front tires but the reason i mention the bwd wheels is the weight system i came up with and getbent is also running

im not sure what you know or dont know about crawling so feel free to pm me with any questions

i hope i clarified some things and didnt lose you somewhere
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #7

thankx for the help and yeah that was the forum i was looking at when i decided to streatch i have no experiance with rc crawling i have a 1:1 truck i drive but all my rcs are racing offroad and onroad drifting so crawling is a new venture for me. im going to set up 4ws this weekend any tips on that and whats your best solution for bend extended links and drive shaft