Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Rough Course Sketch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Well I drug myself to the basement today, still nothing at work to do so still at home a little longer. I really hated doing the wire mesh, it looked good but took alot to get an area to climb in and was really limited/ Ill use it still for 90* walls from my top levels up to the top of the back splash for looks. So I started just stacking my foam and making different degrees of grades here and there so you could use the entire ledge for areas to climb rather then just the one ramp like I did in my mesh test area. but It will still work because I do want some ledges to drop straight off or have over hangs, this will be spots where I can make land bridges or having balancing rocks to skip over on and what not, but it took so mcuch time to mesh that one side and what not there wasnt really much there for my efforts, plus Im really liking how I can shape the foam, although it makes a total ()*@#$(#) mess and clings to all of your cloths, but it does take the shape of what Im looking for

I stopped here, the foam board adhesive wasnt dry yet and I was hungry anyways

Mav68erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #22

That's a pretty serious course..
69z28rsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28rsss View Post
That's a pretty serious course..
ya and It seems like Ive barely started, I always seem to do big projects =/ I wanna focus on getting the one piece of 4 x 8 done and fill the flat spaces with this and thats.. play with a while, get ideas and expand it on the other half, definetly wanna use more of the foam, but need to see why the shop vac stopped sucking, I made a foam cover for it so it stopped blowing shit out the top, but it still does dunno how maybe Ill see if I can find a filter at sears for it, doesnt take much scrapping before you got a mess going
Old 01-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

do you have a build thread on the micro? and sick course! i have one that goes around my room on shelves
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C BUM View Post
do you have a build thread on the micro? and sick course! i have one that goes around my room on shelves
I did, but since I added the eclipse chasis I havent updated it, and just got qlos and through them on, doesnt turn so great = P gonna try to put the upper links inside the frame and move the front springs to the next hole to see if I can make it better for now. Id take a pic of it but its at my uncles in the basement with the course so maybe Ill do that tomorrow as well
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Damn, the course is coming along great. I can see you spending a lot of time down there once you are finished.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

More pictures, no matter how you plan it it changes as you go along, scrape here scrape there

This rock spire, looks like a freaking snow man, I shoulda made it before I glued ti together... prolyl look better after its clothed

Old 02-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

all i can say is ' what is your address '
ben'smicrocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben'smicrocrawler View Post
all i can say is ' what is your address '
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #30

See you have the glo's on. Whats your review on them?
69z28rsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28rsss View Post
See you have the glo's on. Whats your review on them?
they dont turn at all!, they work good going straight havent really played with it, I just set the truck where i wanted for the pictures, they are really really really SOFT thought, on the bwd rims, they hold alot of air, and if you leave it in the cold it gets a nice flat spot, dunno if I wanna drill some holes or not.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav68erick View Post
they dont turn at all!, they work good going straight havent really played with it, I just set the truck where i wanted for the pictures, they are really really really SOFT thought, on the bwd rims, they hold alot of air, and if you leave it in the cold it gets a nice flat spot, dunno if I wanna drill some holes or not.
Perhaps drill a hole or two through the thin part of your wheels. I thought about this mod last night. You'd never notice it and your tires that take forever to get here won't be ruined. Wasn't that you that ordered like, 10 sets? If so, nevermind.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

more pics, dunno If its gonna stay like this, its not what I had pictured... I want it to be a little taller ( the divide from this 4 x sheet to the other ), the arch and stuff will stay the same but I wanna make it about 4 -5 Foam sheets high ( 1 1/2 " per sheet ) and decend towards the center and L shaped, but not to tall that I cant see over it I was really drawing a blank today and just started messing and just wanst liking what I was getting, because I want it to be a little higher so I can bridge off the upper part of the arc to so theres an actual way up and down besides the very back along the wall, which if u go WOT you can make it, or else ride the wall over. Ill also fill the center with a 1 - 2 layer level with a path between them so it looks like a Trail or road for visual effects, I even drove on it a little bit, I was to worried about it being to Easy, but without and weights theres a few challenging spots depending on your approach and side hilling up. the one pic I could actually climb and it was 4 1/2 up, after I carved it, It wont do it it flips over when the rear wheels hit

I dunno what I was thinking here = / Looks like a stairway, its a tight radius and even with my Qlos that I cant turn I still can get up and swing around, it was supposed to be higher so I could bridge over to the OSB ( Arch level )

see its just not taking up enough space to have useful crawl area its just like a wall or divider atm, and its driving me nuts

This is the 4 1/2 spot that it climbed up

Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Keeps getting better & better.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

bwd makes wheel wideners mainly because of the qlo tires theyre not expensive and definately necessary with those big fockers
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
bwd makes wheel wideners mainly because of the qlo tires theyre not expensive and definately necessary with those big fockers
I didnt know they came out yet...
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Don is still waiting on the barrel nuts to be made, should be less than 2 weeks if his new supplier is accurate with time frames.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockman View Post
Don is still waiting on the barrel nuts to be made, should be less than 2 weeks if his new supplier is accurate with time frames.
im gonna take them off for now to test how the course with smaller tires to make sure its still capable,
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

shit man ur hired!!!!
looks awesome!
ny98banshee482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Damn that is coming along nicely... Keep up the good work You should make a lower area also, under the main part. That way you could start from the floor and work your way up. This build kind of reminds me of my train days
Crawlernoobie is offline   Reply With Quote