Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Interesting thought on a small course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #1

Default Interesting thought on a small course

So I've seen the losi "fake" rock platforms you can pick up for several bucks online or in a store. Anyways I thought to myself is there something out there that could give me the desired effect but is free? So here it is haha it's 9 McDonalds drink holders. Granted it's not perfect but with some cutting and thinking and whatever else you can get creative with. I'm not sure if someone else has done this already but I figured free and they stack up and can be customized to your liking sounded fun

sky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #2

I ordered one of those Losi rock formations and it's the same recycled paper as the cup holders. So I did the same thing but I haven't finished mine yet. Just bought a few cans of spray foam too so this is gonna take longer than I expected.
haratank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yeah...... i have been known to get a little crazy with the spray foam!!!!! when its dry i cut i down with my pocket knife to make it look like rocks then hit it with stone textured spray paint.... works and looks awesome!!!
stroker613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Why stop there? Go pick up some eggs, make up a twelve egg omelete and presto, egg carton course! I might use some to provide terrain structure under my next plastruct section. I have been saving them all winter to use to start seeds for my garden this spring, so I have plenty on hand....
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

Someone was making an egg carton course a few months ago but I think the "rocks" were to close together. I'm sure with scissors and some glue you could come up w/something good!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #6

I'm going to play with the stuff and see what I can come up with. Il post pics as it comes along
sky56 is offline   Reply With Quote