Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My W.I.P. Micro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #1

Default My W.I.P. Micro

Here is my Micro work in progress. Going to be a semi scaler in that I will be keeping the servo on the front axle, but intend on a scale body and some other scale accesories.

I lengthened the wheelbase front and back with the rear being a bit longer. I have some Rock Lox on order, but they didn't show up in the shop so I have to wait.

Current links are steering links from the Mini T. I will end up covering them with either some heatshrink, antenna tube, or aluminum tubing, not sure which yet.

Looking for an early 80's Datsun 720 King Cab body for it, to match my 1:1 truck. I know there are a couple of bodies out there, one is close, it's a lowrider and has the correct taillights but lowrider fender flares and it's a STD cab, and there is another one that has a nissan grill and the newer taillights. If I can find both I'll bash them to make one correct body. Both are TOUGH to find though. I will probably pickup a Silverado kit and build it off of that. Either that or the International Scout kit, which I have around here somewhere. Only concern is the extra weight it adds up top using styrene bodies.

Anyhow, here are some current pics. You can see how I relocated some of the links, gives better articulation with ALOT less binding of suspension parts.

fantacmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #2

Looks nice very very clean
custom_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

How close is my Datsun body to what you're looking for? I can't remember what year mine was supposed to be.

Micro Datsun Build
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

It's got the right style taillights, but I think I forgot to mention looking for king cab.

Here is a pic of my 1:1 truck that I'm sort of trying to replicate, or at least what it may look like in the future LOL.

I do know the Monogram made the EXACT kit as well as several that were close. Aoshima makes a 2WD version but it's like 60 bucks.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The reason I asked about mine is because there's a King Cab version of it- if you can find one. But it sounds like you already know that- mine is a Monogram kit.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #6

Yup very aware. They are TOUGH to find however. I build alot of scale models, and have been wanting to build an exact copy as well as an intended copy of my rig.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm a scale modeller also, so if I come across one I'll let you know. I originally built my Datsun kit in the mid-'80s, then recently drug it out of a box of old built-ups to use on the Micro.