Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MCRC Verses Yokomo NANOQLO Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Losi MCRC Verses Yokomo NANOQLO Review

Ok had to use a title to hopefully get some people to look:-) Obviously the NANOQLO can't be compared to the MCRC, but just wanted to give everybody my humble opinion of the Yokomo NANOQLO. I saw a lot of postings from people who were going to buy one but haven't seen any comments.

BANZAI Hobbies service absolutely Rocks!!! Both trucks arrived 4 days after payment was made.

1) Power of the little truck is adequate "nothing to write home about". Hopefully we will be ale to get better motors and batteries.
2) Parts break very easily due to the TINY size of the truck and associated parts.
3) Servo is not digital proportional and translation is very jerky and loud.
4) Radio is Infra-Red so transmitter must be in line of site of the truck.
5) One of mine arrived with the rear motor DOA and numerous emails to Yokomo Customer Service for help were never answered.
6) Brings up the next point, doesn't seem to be ANY replacement parts available. I also asked Yokomo if and when replacement parts would be available, and again no reply.
7) Definitely need to find some kind of bearings. The trucks have two plastic rings (not even bushings) and axle stubs are very lose and wobble in the axle housings. I think I have an answer but waiting to hear back from my "parts guy" on possible bearings.

Overall I think the little truck is fun and has some real potential. I hope it will be popular enough that guys like Don will make us some good hop-ups but can't answer that one.

I am not disappointed in buying two of the little trucks as the one that works is lots of fun for the size. I am disappointed that Yokomo didn't make a better quality product out of the box.

Bottom line LOSI it's time to show Yokomo "HOW THE BOAR ATE THE CABBAGE" as my grandpa would say, and show them how to make a quality product of this size.

PLEASE other buyers let me know what you think and plans for making them better.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

/Good review,any pictures comparing the two?
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Good review, but other than DOA motors and lack of replacement parts I think the price is the main deterrent from buying one. I would expect something of much better quality for almost $100 for something so small.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I was all for getting one until I found out the price. I don't want to spend that much for a desk toy.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote