Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Stock links with aftermarket chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Stock links with aftermarket chassis?

I am looking at the aftermarket chassis' out there. I have the trail trekker and was wondering if I could get away using the stock links on a chassis like the TMC Blade or the Eclipse? I am sure that I would build my own links in the future but I would like to just use the current links if possible. Any input?
notez2beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

You could use the stock links, The thing w/making your own is you get the w.b. you want & the extra length seems to really help.

Stock links will work, Just not my thing.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks T-buck, that was my assumption but wanted clarification from someone with more experience. Thanks again for the info!!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

The eclipse requires one set of custom links, if you re-use the lower links you will have to make new upper links and vice versa, due to the design of the chassis. Just FYI. But I wouldnt let that be my decision maker, links are super easy to make, just choose the chassis you like the best and make it work. Good luck!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks getbent. Good info to know ahead of time. BTW while I have you, any word on those awesome motors of yours I have read about?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by notez2beat View Post
Thanks getbent. Good info to know ahead of time. BTW while I have you, any word on those awesome motors of yours I have read about?
I should know everything and have made a decision within the next week and a half to two weeks. I will post the decision either way, thanks for your interest!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i run the stock link on my tmc works great every thing is stock on it but the tmc

this almost a vertical climb

Last edited by alterchristopher; 03-27-2011 at 11:19 AM.
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks a bunch for the video clip and pic alterchristopher. That thing looks really capable and makes me really lean in the direction of the TMC.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have the tmc chassis and use stock trekker links. I think they are perfect length for it. The trekkers links are already longer than the micro crawlers by quite a bit. Its actually longer than my extended lmc. But links are easy and cheap to make. Custom ones look better imo and of course bending the lowers helps.

Sent from my epidemic 4g using Tapatalk
coryshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

just my $.02 worth but I just bent the ears of the TVPs 90 deg. toward the inside of the chassis to inboard the shocks and it works great! This one is bone stock with no mods except that Im running a 250mah 1s lipo and a decased ESC, I did bend the upper links in a little to clear the tires at full steer. Big improvement over stock ,smooth atric. slightly lower COG and FREE. I have 3 micros, 1 w/ a DP torsion chassis, 1 w/ modded shocks and home built links and the one I just described. The last one is my got to rig because it performs really well, better than the other 2 IMO...
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

The TMC chassis works really well and has many ways to set it up customized to your crawling style. Check my rig with a modified TMC chassis that works with a body comp style: LMRC Phantom Carbon 01

Here's a link to the chassis: http://www.crawlerx.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=111

*CrawlerX service is top notch!
atracys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I ran my Pinch chassis with stock links all last year it worked amazingly well. I made links and modded the drive shafts to 4 3/8" for this year and it's much better.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote