Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: $YNDICATE Eclipse comp W/ QLO DIG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

Talking $YNDICATE Eclipse comp W/ QLO DIG

QLO TIRES
R7R ECLIPSE
BWD WIDENERS
VERTEX BWD WHEELS
BILLET... INNER HUBS
. LOCKOUTS
. STEERING ARM AND HUBS
. SKID PLATE
. SERVO MOUNT
. TRANI CASE .....
MICRO SIDEWINDER ESC
SR3500 TX
BRUSHLESS OUTRUNNER 2000KV
EX. DRIVESHAFTS
256 ROD EX LINKS W/ ALUM TUBE
RX18 BALL CUPS
65 MG SERVO
DX3S
LEAD SHOT IN TIRES
... 40GRM FRNT 30 REAR TOTAL WEIGHT OF WHEEL ...
QLO DIG MODDED FOR LOSI TRANI ( PIMP )
FLIPPED TRANI
10/56 GEARING
SUB MICRO SERVO FOR DIG

It's not quite done yet .. need to make aluminum side panels,roof,hood, and wire the motor ...

Here is some pics of the dig and how the comp looks so far .... oh and my OG (GREEN) crawler that has every mod it the book plus every Billet bit ... sweet rig too.

And the OG

Last edited by hammer_213; 03-31-2011 at 09:12 PM.
hammer_213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

awesome dig! very clean & looks beefy. any videos of it in action?
looks like i was right about the hextronic outrunner.
id love to see how well it runs on a micro sidewinder, thats the setup i have gathering dust
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #3

It hasn't run yet .... will see .. if it sucks I'm makin my lil bro eggz wind me a 90t ..need to figure out wiring issue .... I wanna short'n em off esc
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I saw that about the wires in your other thread.
Im sure you will be happy with the torque of the outrunner. if wheelspeed is to low try a High C 2s pack. just noticed you posted the dig was from a Qlo. what did you have to do to mod it? im sure many here would love that setup
Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I saw that about the wires in your other thread.
Im sure you will be happy with the torque of the outrunner. if wheelspeed is to low try a High C 2s pack. just noticed you posted the dig was from a Qlo. what did you have to do to mod it? im sure many here would love that setup
This is amazing! Great work! I had the Qlo Dig idea for awhile but did'nt think anyone would actually do it! This looks so clean! Would you be so kind to give an indepth tutorial on how you did it with parts and links. I'm sure everyone in here would love to know! WOW!
atracys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

first micro build to grab my attention in a while nice setup
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

lookin baller broseph!!! the great crawl off is comin... i think yourz, eggz and minez are different enough to make it interesting!!! be there in a week or so!!!!
stroker613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #8

I just used the qlo setup and re mounted the unit to the lmc motor plate with extra 256 threaded rod and some tube aluminum . I drilled the plate and tap'd it . Locktighted it in place then cut the tube to the correct size . I drilled out the cross cup thing so it would slide over the output shaft and the small Allen holds it in place on the flat side of the lmc shaft . I useD old plastic nuts from the wheels and tap'd them to 256 so they hole the outer plate on ... I'm not using the small plastic loop u see in the pics to pull the dig open . I am gonna make the servo horn push the dig open from the small black nut on the little ARM thing.. it you look at The pics close you can see it all ... its a pain but works fn mint .... will see soon ...
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
RCC Addict

LOVE the dig man I can't wait to see it in a video.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer_213 View Post
I just used the qlo setup and re mounted the unit to the lmc motor plate with extra 256 threaded rod and some tube aluminum . I drilled the plate and tap'd it . Locktighted it in place then cut the tube to the correct size . I drilled out the cross cup thing so it would slide over the output shaft and the small Allen holds it in place on the flat side of the lmc shaft . I useD old plastic nuts from the wheels and tap'd them to 256 so they hole the outer plate on ... I'm not using the small plastic loop u see in the pics to pull the dig open . I am gonna make the servo horn push the dig open from the small black nut on the little ARM thing.. it you look at The pics close you can see it all ... its a pain but works fn mint .... will see soon ...
This is great! Thanks, i'm going to enjoy my new dig project! :-)
PS: What type of sub micro servo are you using and what way are you mounting it?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #11

Im dbl sided tape.ing it to the aluminum roof... its a Jr sport sm22 sub micro ....I post some finished pics Wen I'm done ... As soon as I figure out if its Coo ta chop down the esc wires a little ...hint hint .. help
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Im dbl sided tape.ing it to the aluminum roof... its a Jr sport sm22 sub micro ....I post some finished pics Wen I'm done ... As soon as I figure out if its Coo ta chop down the esc wires a little ...hint hint .. help

As far as I know, cutting the length of the lead wires to the motor makes no difference at all. The wind of the motor is internal and would not be affected by the length of the lead wires, the only thing changing would maybe the resistance of the wire itself, and that would be negligable. It should have zero effect on the performance of the motor.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #13

ok Dood .. I'm goin in . if I f It up u all owe me 6 bucks for a motor ...lol. if bent says do it . I'm doin it ... since this guy winds ( is that a word ) the motors .... winded? Did the wynedded didddd disnes da . Booze is cool
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

^^^ HA! Now thats funny right there.

** Disclaimer ** getbent and any affiliates can not be held responsible for the result or attempted results of any advice given in this forum or any online group discussion. All responsibility is held directly by the modder and his/her abililty to not completely fawk up said advice. Alcholic intake completely voids any applicable warranty or return advice, Good Luck!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
^^^ ha! Now thats funny right there.

** disclaimer ** getbent and any affiliates can not be held responsible for the result or attempted results of any advice given in this forum or any online group discussion. All responsibility is held directly by the modder and his/her abililty to not completely fawk up said advice. Alcholic intake completely voids any applicable warranty or return advice, good luck!
lol!!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Dude, sweet build so far! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about your questions... I'm hardly ever on the Micro-T forum...

It would seem by the pics you took that you figured out how to mod and mount the motor... Looks Good! I used servo wire to lengthen the leads and to make them more pliable... Changing the length had no effect on mine at all... The 0.8mm pin connectors from HK work well too... That lil outrunner's gonna have you poppin driveshafts with all the torque it makes!
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #17

Faaak.. the .8 pin connectors are on back order .. any one have 3 or 4 they wanna mail me so I can finish this turd .....
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #18

Pin connectors ? Any one ?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #19

Default may be a dumb question

so what a good dig set up for my ride
bake69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake69 View Post
so what a good dig set up for my ride
custom, no one makes a bolt on dig for the losi micro

Quote:
Pin connectors ? Any one ?
other than hobby king Google shows this http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...9uos4k0vmtsg21