Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Is this a good lipo charger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Is this a good lipo charger?

There is this charger on this web cite and I want to know if it is a good charger for a 2-3 cell hyperion lipo. Thanks.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...arger-2-3-Cell
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Well, those chargers do the trick, but they use a fixed charge rate of .75A (750ma), so if you are charging a mid sized battery (say, 2200mah), it can take a fair amount of time to charge.

I have used those and they are easy to use and reliable, and they are a good way to step up to lithium without having to use an advanced charger.

I just picked up one of these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html

and I love it.. Works excellent and it costs the same amount as that charger, but will charge just about any type of battery you own (including nimh, nicd, life, lipo, li ion, etc).. This charger i bought needs to be used with a 12 volt power source, like a car battery or benchtop power supply, but this site also offers models with built in power supplies (like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_GENUINE.html ) for just a few more dollars.

Now, if you have never used one of these advanced chargers before with complex settings and menus, something like what you posted may be the way to go, especially if you have never run lipo batteries before.

Just my .02! Hope it helped.
dustinbleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Wow! Thanks dude, that did help. Ya, I have never used lipo before and know nothing about them. But when I clicked the links you gave me, I dont know if its my internet but mine says "internet explorer cannot display webpage". Ill try them in a bit and see if they will come up. But thank you for the information, and I am looking forward to your Trekker build.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

if you have never used lipos, i would definitely just get the one you were looking at. it may take a bit longer to charge, but it will give a good balanced charge and is very easy to use.

No matter what you get, i guarantee you will LOVE lipo. its the only way to go!
dustinbleh is offline   Reply With Quote