Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Brushed ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Brushed ESC

I'm fed up up with my stock electronics in my Trekker.. I literally plugged in a new esc and smoked it instantly... third one lol... I've spent as much on escs as I did on the truck.

What's a cheap brushed esc I can throw in here?
Jrgunn5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Brushed ESC

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/search.php

This link might work for you.....
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah ive used that link for hours
Old 01-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

How have you managed to smoke the ESC? have you changed anything from stock on the ESC? Have you contacted Hoirizon about the issue? They will replace it if you have the receipt, and haven't changed anything.

There are quite a few small form factor esc's that will work (not specificly for the micro's but small enough), but you will also need to replace your Tx/Rx as well. Hence why many of us still run the stock ESC/Rx ... the extremely small package fits.
Search B1R, FXR, Sidewinder Micro, and there are few others that are cheap e-bay finds.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have no idea how im burning them, the truck is stock, the trans isnt bound up... Horizon has sent me one also.. the thing never worked right.

I have a Airtronics M 11, i have no problem replacing the TX and RX, im just looking for a brushed ESC for around 25. brushless doesnt seem worthwhile on this vehicle.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

ive been happy with my turnigy trackstar 18 ($25) and my 5g outrunner ($
it runs about walking speed and has TONS of torque running a brass 12t with the HR 56t spur.
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Weird, I've got two toasted ones (I think), one won't bind to anything, and one has no reverse ... but they've both been soldered on and came from someone else. I can see on the no reverse one where the solder had bridged across two wires.
I keep hearing about smoked ESC's but never had a problem myself, and usually the smoked ones had been modified. With these small units it's really easy to miss a tiny bit of solder that'll wreck your evening.
I've found that a Tekin B1R (about 1" square) and a AE XP3SS (2.4Ghz) Rx (about 3/4" x 1 1/4") cover a slightly smaller footprint than the Stock ESC/Rx when decased and stacked so that's the route I'll be going eventually (I have two losi's and two Mini Qlo's to equip and only one Rx and ESC right now... my stock gear will end up spares for my Daughter's micro). The XP3SS can be had for about $50 on the bay and the extra Rx's for about $38, then expect to pay ~$51 for the B1R ... then add shipping.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Just my 2 cents: I heard a few people a long time ago share how much they hated the losi connectors because it was possible to plug the two connectors together backwards. I actually did this once on one of my first rigs cause the cheap lipo battery I was using had a connector that would fit either way in the esc plug. Not sure if any of this is the case...just thought I would warn about it. I don't use losi connections on anything now.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

that's why I hard wire my motors and use Micro Dean's at the battery ... the one I bought my Daughter has Micro Deans on the Motor as well ... I almost hooked the battery up to that the other day. I've always hated the losi connector.

Brushed ESC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smallest brushed ESC MadForce Electronics 6 03-22-2009 04:23 PM
bl esc to brushed motor? MGS511 Newbie General 5 01-04-2008 01:30 PM
esc and motor bl or brushed MGS511 Electronics 2 12-28-2007 01:21 PM