Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Back in Black (Brutis II)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Back in Black (Brutis II)

The bug bit me again. I recently picked up a bunch of scale rigs to resell. I posted a couple in the for sale section and ended up trading one for 'Gobo the Explorer', a Micro Crawler, and a BJ4 Chassis.

I am going to find a Jeep Commando body for the build. My favorite micro that I ever built was 'Brutis'. Some of you may recall. This will be a full tube chassis build. I can't wait to get started. The only trouble will be in finding time. Still, I figured I'd start the build thread and a 'feeler' of sorts. EDIT: This isn't really a 'feeler' in the classical sense, since we're going to make the wheels without regard for what is posted here. I'm just curious to know what people think of the idea.

What's the feeler??? Wheels! Oh yeah baby!!! I just got off of the phone with Jake from Motoworx Racing, and we're going to see if we can't run off some micro bead locks. At this point, I'm debating between a spin off of either the 6 Spoke SLW or the 10 Hole LE. If it's based off of the 10 Hole LE, it will likely be an 8 Hole design. Either way, the wheels will be available in raw, or re-machined black anodized. Edit: I didn't debate long, we're going to work toward producing a micro version of the 6 Spoke SLW. Obviously, it won't be 'SLW', it will just mimic the design.

The 10 Holes aren't available with a re-machined finish, but I've been offering the upgrade myself to my customers.

We're going to do scale lock out hubs for wheel nuts and have machined holes for 'lug nuts' as well. They WILL be the most scale micro wheel money can buy. Did I mention we'll be selling them in sets of five so that you don't have to buy multiple sets for a spare???

Anyway, that's a ways off yet, since we JUST started talking about it. PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know when the product thread is posted. Like I said, we've got a bit of work to do to make that happen.

Back to the build thread. I don't have the crawler in hand yet. It's shipping today or tomorrow. He's throwing in a Predator 90t Motor, some RC4WD tires, and some spare parts. I'll likely be buying different tires. I'm thinking either boggers or qlows. It all depends on how scale I want it I suppose. The qlows are so hard to resist though, considering how well they perform. That's it for now. I'll be back with more!

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 08-21-2013 at 01:04 PM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Back in Black (Brutis II)

The 6 spoke slw's would be hawt
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post
The 6 spoke slw's would be hawt
Yeah. I'm thinking that's what we're going to shoot for. RC4WD's bead lock, as well as Gear Head's non-bead lock wheels have designs similar to the 10 Hole. No need to make another wheel like that...

We're going to try a 16 Hole Front Lock Ring and a 6 Hole Rear Lock Ring (M2). We're also thinking that we'll do 6 M2 Machined holes for the scale hardware. That way, we can use acorn nut style screws for the 'hub' and hex style bolts for the lock rings, from Locked Up RC, of course.

If I had to guess the retail cost, I'm thinking they will likely be over a c-note for a set of five, so they won't be cheap, but they will be bad arse. That's not the actual price, it may be more or less. That, and I won't post an actual price here. This is a build thread, not a feeler thread. I'm just putting it out there so I don't have to answer a billion PM's about how much I think they'll cost.

The scale hub style wheel nuts will, more than likely, be available seperate, and will be designed similar to the BWD barrel nuts. We'll produce them in standard length and in a length that will work with the BWD wideners.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 08-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The 6 spoke rims will look really good. It's cool to see all the new stuff people make for these things
jprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

I would have voted for the 10 holers. Still, it will be nice to have more micro wheels.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprock View Post
The 6 spoke rims will look really good. It's cool to see all the new stuff people make for these things
For sure. Now if we could just convince Axial to enter into the Micro Scaler world... Think of how many hop ups would be available if Axial made one!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Body/interior and BWD Widener Kit are en route!

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 08-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
RCC Addict

The body arrived a couple of days ago. I took a few minutes this morning and built a replica of the frame with 'box' tubing. I'll keep the front and rear cross members, but the center will be removed. I have it there now as support. The frame is squared up pretty darn well. When I pull the center cross member, it will be to replace it with a custom drop pan for the transfer case. I just need to do a bit of research to figure out what to use for a transfer case... If I can find the time... I'm planning on setting the motor in a mock V-8 with the transmission in the engine compartment, so a legitimate transfer-case will be a must. Anyway, that's it for now.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

The 6x6 is beautiful.... Jeeh. I've always wanted to know how to do that.
xDiGiTaL SmoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiGiTaL SmoKe View Post
The 6x6 is beautiful.... Jeeh. I've always wanted to know how to do that.
How to do a 6x6? It's no too difficult. Main thing is the center axle, which is comprised of two front halves and two pinion gears.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Well, I haven't pulled the trekker apart much, I have a few 1/10 scale rigs but they seem easier to do. I dunno, I'm having a hard time finding parts for my trekker as well.
xDiGiTaL SmoKe is offline   Reply With Quote

Back in Black (Brutis II) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
warrior's back to black jk warriorsimi 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 04-19-2013 02:17 PM
RX's Back in Black.........GC-2 RXcrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 23 05-31-2008 09:04 PM
Back in Black - 3L EeePee 2.2 Scale Rigs 31 06-07-2007 01:00 AM
Back in black scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 03-19-2007 05:38 PM