Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Okay. I get it now.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Okay. I get it now.

Been messing with these Micro Crawlers since about the first week of October and have seen improved crawling performance with every mod done! Most were read about in this forum. Thanks guys and gals.

It's also a bit less expensive than the larger rigs...but I have spent a purty penny on these three already. Tires, batteries, tire glues, springs, spare parts and a couple of DDT 90 turns. At first the little boogers were just kinda cute. Kept tilting over (to all 4 sides) while negotiating what I thought ought to be fairly easy obstacles. After a couple weeks reading and doing more mods and gaining experience with them, I am realizing there is quite a lot of performance potential in these tiny titans! I only tilt over about 20% as much as in the beginning but am pulling lines that make me ! And doing it in the house (diff. size throw pillows in the Papasan chair) and on the little (1 ton) rock pile on the patio!
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Okay. I get it now.

Nothing like couch crawling. easy to set up/take down. and dont need to move much.
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

if you get bored of those motors switch to the xeleron 8750kv! i used the smallest gears the trail trekker can get and its fast and smooth!
fitisbamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
RCC Addict

It took me a while to understand the appeal. After 2 years with the micro stuff I've pretty much shelved, sold, or traded off my bigger rigs. I'm finding that the micro crowd is a pretty tight nit, but supportive, group. Stick around and stay with it for a while, it's just getting good around here...

Sent from my SCH-I535
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The biggest appeal to me is the cost factor and ability to use "found items" from around the house or hardware store to do many mods. Big rigs cost a lot more and you have to spend more to mod them as well. The size is a huge factor when making your courses too. I'd like to get a bigger rig someday but don't ever see myself growing tired of the micros.
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

well just watch out for the bug....
fitisbamg brings up a good point.. but then that sparks off different things...

so I got my kids 1 each for xmas... through the F/S section.. (13yr old got the trekker and 7yr old got the sumo)... came with TONS of upgrades for the trekker, 1 set of boggers and 1 set of claws... all aluminum links, aluminum axle parts..... well I couldnt give them to him.. they would be saved for me..

but when I went and found one on ebay.. it came with some aluminum upgrades, tons of spare parts, extra axles...

found one on craigslist for $60 rtr....
then more parts through the f/s section.....

if you let it... you will start to stockpile parts, lots of them... then you will see that you have parts to make more....

so 2 trekkers and 1 sumo complete....
1 trekker converted to V8e Micro Raptor
1 trekker/sumo combined in works
1 leaf springed rig in works

and possibly enough parts for 1 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I find is that I love my 8Ve Micro Raptor, flexes well.. Danally 90t stroker motor, MiClaws mounted on Danally widened rims, homemade links stretched for 5.5" wheelbase... but it doesnt have the features of others.. like a fast rig (so building one), scale rig (building one with leaf springs but need to determine body), then the fun of mostly bone stock....

so if you let it.. you could end up with 4-8 like I will most likely have... or 75+ like some have (couch cough.. Chevy55.....hah..)

welcome to the bug... read... enjoy... and SHARE with pics and vids.. we love em all!!!!!!!!!!

while my oldest loves his trekker... it rolls over easily.. so most likely for xmas he will find this under the tree...
Blade TMC V2 "Topless Micro Chassis"
http://www.crawlerx.net/index.php?ma...roducts_id=111

and on that... with the comment of selling off 1/10 to go micro... my 1 done ax10 proline tuber now hangs on my garage wall... as well as a car-foff I started. I do have fun with 1/10 but the 1/24 are easier to take with us anywhere.... i have a paintball case that is plastic with a flip lid that 2 controllers, batteries, 2 rigs and my charger fit in... I got to find more of these!!!!!!!

Last edited by RootBreaker; 10-18-2013 at 05:19 AM.
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #7
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitisbamg View Post
if you get bored of those motors switch to the xeleron 8750kv! i used the smallest gears the trail trekker can get and its fast and smooth!
now i thought a few guys have tried them... like danally.. and said just way too much speed and no usable control????

Im working on a fast rig.. and dont know what motor to go with.. so went with sumo axles for faster wheel speed.. gonna get it as a roller and see how she runs.. then I was thinking 4200kv for more speed but not ludicris speed.... hmmm maybe get both and try both?!?!?!??!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

My #3, McRC, came with the Excelorin 8750kv system but no Rx/ESC. I'm more interested in crawling performance than scale looks though. Have a new Trekker and 2 used McRCs. Have been spending the most time on the running McRC and have it is doing well. Looking for another step up in performance from the longer wheel base of the Trekker after some of the mods learned from the McRC.

What is the difference between the DDT Stroker and the 'regular' 90t?
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

regular is the stock can sized and rewound to "x" turns .... stroker is a 180 sized can rewound to "x" turns... more power.. i got one and love it.. almost required with tires like the MiClaws...

read it all at Danallys vendor post..
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ro-motors.html