Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1:20 Jeep TJ comp cut scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 1:20 Jeep TJ comp cut scaler

Been building on this for a long time, happy it's complete. Compiled a FB album with descriptions all along the way. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ebb887fe1d
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2015, 04:55 AM   #2

Default Re: 1:20 Jeep TJ comp cut scaler

Great job!, or as we would say here in Maine "That is wicked cool!".
rcmaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Here's a nifty little showcase style video of the build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqcw...m-upload_owner
Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Nice work! I really like all the scale accessories. What body did you use for this? I'm always on the lookout for 1:20 scale bodies.
R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:18 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Billy Rob View Post
Nice work! I really like all the scale accessories. What body did you use for this? I'm always on the lookout for 1:20 scale bodies.
I've tried to find online the exact New Bright TJ I used, no such luck. I believe I found it around the house amongst kids toys and scooped it up, sat on my shelf for a good while before I started toying with the idea of using it. Wasn't even serious at first, just started chopping on it figuring I'd throw it out in the end. Started taking a shine to it on top of a chassis and ran with it from there. It looks nothing like what it started as.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Nice So what's the shoulder screw mod then?
Sparks1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks1337 View Post
Nice So what's the shoulder screw mod then?
The shoulder screw mod is removing the bulky shoulder screws from the knuckles on the lower side. Then replace them with some cut down stock Losi servo mounting screws. Make sure they are cut down enough to clear the axle when installed. They countersink perfectly into the screw hole in the knuckles and have zero slop. The knuckle then pivots on the screw head. You'd be amazed the improvement and confidence this little mod paired with the pumpkin screw mod create when crawling. It becomes rare to get hung up on your axles anymore.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ah I see, great idea. I'd try it but both mine are running HR alloy knuckles which use different screws (just as bulky). Intrigued by the pumpkin screw mod too. not heard of either of these before, perhaps I should get out more
Old 09-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks1337 View Post
Ah I see, great idea. I'd try it but both mine are running HR alloy knuckles which use different screws (just as bulky). Intrigued by the pumpkin screw mod too. not heard of either of these before, perhaps I should get out more
I would sell the HR knuckles and go back to stock for this mod. There's no benefit to them, other than being shiny and a touch heavier. At this scale aluminum is just bling.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I just can't resist a bit of bling on my trucks But I agree functionality has to win over looks.

The HR rear lockouts are great but the ally front isn't really doing a lot, and is kind of chunky looking anyway, so I swapped back to stock knuckles and did the mod.

It works a treat and really helps clean up the front axle.

I kept the HR axle ends but may paint them black. I also did my second truck but couldn't be be bothered stripping it right down, so I can confirm this mod works with the HR knuckles just fine.

1:20 Jeep TJ comp cut scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stretched and Comp Cut Jeep JK 2dr. Build LetsGoMuddin 1.9 Scale Rigs 23 12-10-2014 02:28 PM
Blade chassis comp cut jeep wrangler scaler xd3athstalk3rx Micro Scale Rigs 33 06-08-2013 12:08 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Need pics of Comp cut Jeep Rubicon bodies.. Muddinguy Newbie General 10 05-21-2006 10:45 PM