Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: From one S-10 to another. (From death comes re-birth.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default From one S-10 to another. (From death comes re-birth.)

If you remember and love my S-10 truggy, then today might be a sad day. I've decided to part it out and shelve the body. It was a problem horse from the beginning. Giving me all kinds of troubles during the build, breaking down every time I took her out, and so it's time to put her down. I do have plans for the axles, motor, and trans. The ESC got fried the last time I took it out. That was honestly the last straw, the nail in the coffin, so to speak. So here's a last parting pic of the body, soon to be a large scale accessory for my future garage.
Attached Images

R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2015, 12:17 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: From one S-10 to another. (From death comes re-birth.)

As for the new project, here's what I have planned so far: Lindburg 1/20 scale gen. 2 S-10 body, CrawlerX 5.5 chassis, HSP 1/24 crawler tires, and some wagon wheels I got from my good friend MGCrawler. The HSP tires are a little smaller in diameter, about the same size as Redcat Sumo tires, but they seem soft and sticky. I plan to do another trail truck this time, with more of a daily driver/work truck feel. I'm even toying with the idea of a contractor style rack for the bed. I'm actually quite excited to get started on this one.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hmmm... I thought this thread was dead... I never actually started this one. The rolling chassis ended up going towards another build, and the kit got shelved due to a good size scratch in the windshield. but recently while I was at the hobby shop, I picked up one of those cheap little ECX crawlers and immediately stripped it down to the axles and motor/tranny. I didn't actually have plans for it, but... So I had also ordered a chassis from CustomCuts in Germany, also with no real plans for it. Then when I got the chassis, of course I wanted to start throwing it together, and figured I'd use the ECX parts. Well this chassis was made for Losi axles, and these are just not Losi axles. The chassis is designed for smaller tires, and wanting to be different, I actually decided to mount my axles spring under. Yep, no flex, and no clearance!?! Just a boring ol' stock truck. I figured "why not". So I decided to drag out the S-10 body for this build. So far I've got motor/tranny mounted, and the rear axle. The front will be a little harder. Right now I'm using micro SCT wheels. Here's a pic for y'all to get you up to speed.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I think since this is no longer a losi build, I'll start a new thread in the micro scale build section.

From one S-10 to another. (From death comes re-birth.) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The birth of a tool Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 22 01-01-2013 10:06 AM
seperated at birth???????????? freakofnature Chit Chat 13 06-17-2011 08:56 AM
The birth of an AKRCC Ares! redbaron Axial AX-10 Scorpion 17 03-30-2009 01:42 AM
Oly's Birth Monkeyboy Tamiya Clod Buster 22 07-08-2006 01:44 PM
Separated at birth? jason Chit Chat 19 04-22-2006 04:18 PM