Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Why I like being a noob to crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Why I like being a noob to crawling

Im throughly enjoying not having any other experiences with crawling aside from my mini rock crawler. I see other people complaining and moaning about things that are in all honesty amazing me. Like the tires for instance, they grab anything it seems and this little truck can get over anything I put it in its way. The suspension seems fine to me, as it moves and articulates like I assume it should.

Now I get to make a 4-link for my new chassis I ordered. Joy.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
Im throughly enjoying not having any other experiences with crawling aside from my mini rock crawler. I see other people complaining and moaning about things that are in all honesty amazing me. Like the tires for instance, they grab anything it seems and this little truck can get over anything I put it in its way. The suspension seems fine to me, as it moves and articulates like I assume it should.

Yeah it would be great to be completely satisfied with it right out of the box. I was still impressed and satisfied with it even after many years of crawling larger crawlers. However you do notice the downfalls of the truck more quickly and realize how to prioritize your upgrades more efficently once you get more expierence.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post

This is probably one of the best posts I've read during appr 1 1/2 year of reading this site.
I think, based on experience, there are to many "experts" just modding for the "modding" - if you know what I mean. Nothing is good enough, there is always something to put the finger on - even if it is a RTR-truck produced for the "masses" rather than the experts.
As a newie I followed many of the tips for improving the performance of my cars, first the WK, then the AX10. Some tips were useful, but the most expensive "moddings" usually only brings marginal improvements in performance. I have decided that with my MRC i will read the tips more carefully, try out some mods formed in my own head and "try and fail" more often than earlier.
And I'm still happy reading the posts on this site - can't do without it.

By the way the WK I still have - a widow chassis, HPI MT2 rear dampers, about 15" WB, etc, etc, etc,................
Th4e AX10's counts about 3 builds, one sold, one scale MB GW55 (lexan body) and a HPI Rubicon mostly build from 3racing parts ......

The WK I still have, I've built about 4 AX10 both scale and crawlers., and
KuJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Its funny, Im going to try to build a 4-link, and I just learned what that was a few days ago. I got a new chassis because I thought it looked neat, not because of any type of performance claims or anything like that. Still amazed at this little truck, even though its only 3-wd for time being!
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
RCC Addict

this might help give you an idea man.

a pic of my buddys simple 4 link setup on his MRC

for the front you could move the upper 4link mounts below the plate and the servo/battery could set up there if you wanted.

- tre
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote