Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: my mrc (mini grappler and 4ws)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default my mrc (mini grappler and 4ws)

just finished painting it

i think i should have went w/ the candy red instead of the metalic

havent had time to really work on it. just 4 wheel steering (rear wheels independant from front via 3rd channel) stick on lead weights to the front wheels, installed softer springs and relocated the esc to the front upper link plate. at the moment im looking into aftermarket aluminum shocks and some different battery mounting options aside from just mounting the standard pack on top of the front servo
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

What hardware did you put in there to utilize a 3rd channel? How about your transmitter?

I am interested in setting up 4 wheel steering, but I think it might be an expensive thing to do.
FDAapproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

hi, I'm interested in the 4 wheel steering. how did you do that?? You need a new axle and a new servo right? but how do you set up the radio and the receive. is there any tutorials online or videos? please and thank you
samguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

You don't need a new axle just the parts from the front axle like the c-hubs knuckles and steering parts.

The Receiver is a 3 channel receiver so maybe it is using a different radio and simply plugging in the rear servo into the 3rd channel?
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Who's your Daddy-0!

If you just have a 2ch controller you can use a servo reverser and run it off one channel. You just don't have independent control of the rear, front and back will move at the same time.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
RCC Addict

parts needed:

steering linkage

chub and knuckles (they come as a set)

servo (dosent necessaryly have to be the losi brand)

servo mount (dont think losi has the ones for the mini yet though, so i had to modify a mount i had laying around)

servo arm w/ a ballend screw to connect the drag link to the arm (i used the stock servo saver. just tightened it all the way so there is no play in it. *servo savers have no place in the rc crawler world )

1.5mm screw long enough to go through the tie rod, drag link and into the knuckle. (ive been waiting for losi to release their screw set for the long flat head 1.5mm screw but i was able to find one in my "random screw jar")

the install is pretty easy actually just assemble all parts of the as you would the front axle including the berrings in the stock hubs and straight axle adampters. from what i reamember you will there will be a pair of spare bearings. *that is if i assembled it wrong

the blown up picture in the manual really help.

as for connecting the servo. i just installed it into the aux channel on the rx and used the 3 position option for my 3rd channel on my dx3r.

if you dont have a 3rd channel like many before me have said use a y harness w/ a reversing unit. that is unless you want to have full time crab walking.
if you are willing and are able to solder really small wires you can try cracking open the servo and reversing the motor and pot leads. but you will still need a y harness.

Last edited by NeXt559; 10-07-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

is it normal to have the rear steer on all the time with the 2 channel method or do most people want to set up the rear steer on demand with the 3 channel setup?
FDAapproved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
RCC Addict

the good thing about having full time 4ws is the fact that you dont have to think about it.
for people that dont drive competitavley and dont have a 3rd channel on their tx and want rws having full time 4ws is pretty common
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #9

Any idea where to get this reversing y harness?

I just picked up a MRC this past weekend and im thinkin of doing rear steer.

Thanks!

Chris
ShoNuff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I like it,but I agree the candy would have looked better.
WranglerV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default mrc

i turned motor around and mounted bat on front 3 link esc on rear 3 link reciever on top of trans hooked red to black , black to red works great then drilled holes 1 inch up on body to lower it seems to be working great
dannymilholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoNuff82 View Post
Any idea where to get this reversing y harness?

I just picked up a MRC this past weekend and im thinkin of doing rear steer.

Thanks!

Chris
you should be able to get one at ur local hobby shop
look around in the airplane section.