Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New Shocks from Losi for the Mini Rock Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
Does Associated offer credit on their leaky RC18 series shocks?

Leaky shocks are not necessarily because of a bad design? I'm sure there are not many things at this size that are made from plastic that are completely leak proof. And take into account they are being put together on an assembly line so they might not be taken their time to build them as they don't have that luxury.
im w/ Xtant3150c on this one
i think we're lucky that losi even decided to use an oil filled shock compared to those crappy low friction shocks tamiya uses w/ their rtr's

an also i cant think of a plastic shock that would work w/ the mrc that wouldnt leak.

ive said it time and time again. 4 out of 5 times the first upgrade to a rtr is usually the shocks.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I am looking forward to these. I was going to buy some MLST shocks the other day - I am glad I waited.
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Sold

-Lex
Lextronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

i'm still working on my Losi Ramunition Truck, once I get that done.. i'ii start to play with my Rock Crawler, right now, it's just sitting there doing nothing.
samguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #25
TLW

If they didnt make all 4 plastic stock ones leak, they would not be able to sell the alum. ones. That is sheer economics...LOL.
TLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Man you guys paid $230 for a rtr LOSI crawler with a dsm radio and your bitching that your shocks leak? Mine don't leak! Pay the $30-$40 for some nice aluminum shocks and quit crying. Leaky shocks is not a big deal, especially for this products first run.
TOYUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

awesome Rich! Once I get a MRC, I'll be sure to pick up the shocks too!

The only bad thing about all these cool new products coming out, is all the whining noobs thats coming with them.

And I agree with ToyUtah, at $230 the MRC is a deal, and seriously, what ready to run can you get that the shocks don't leak?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I love how people complain over anything they can, awesome some shocks are comming out, like someone elts asked when are the blue compound tires expected to be out? Thanks
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #29
Holdin my 40oz.

I too am stoked about the new shocks and agree with some of you others about these pansies crying about their leaky shocks. Take them apart and fix the leak or quit crying, I had a bit of leak issue, rebuilt them and poof...problem solved. The MRC is an awsome product and like every other rtr on the market needs some work to be great, so take it as it comes or don't! You people make reading thru these threads a pain with all your biching and moaning. In fact, they should have a special thread for people like you, the whiners thread.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
And I agree with ToyUtah, at $230 the MRC is a deal, and seriously, what ready to run can you get that the shocks don't leak?
Yah the MRC is a good deal but Losi does make a couple of RTR that come with shocks that don't leak Namely the Mini LST2 and Mini Monster Baja The MLST2 is $40 cheaper and has alloy shocks, while the MM Baja is the same price with threaded alloy shocks and a LiPo Pack

But that is business and Crawling is what's Hot now and I am sure there will be a MRC 2 or Pro that all these people grumbling about leaky shocks can just sell their MRC's and wait for this to come :-P
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
Yah the MRC is a good deal but Losi does make a couple of RTR that come with shocks that don't leak Namely the Mini LST2 and Mini Monster Baja The MLST2 is $40 cheaper and has alloy shocks, while the MM Baja is the same price with threaded alloy shocks and a LiPo Pack

Thanks for proving yourself and all these other retards wrong. You just pointed out that Losi can, has, and does make a product in the same price point with better equipment.

What RC enthusiast is seriously excited about the cheap ass radio that comes with this thing, and why should that justify skimping in other areas?

You guys need to grow a sack and quit swinging from Losi's. Stand up for yourselves and demand a better product for your money.

Its pretty sad when shocks are leaking before a vehicle even gets used. I literally pulled mine out of the box and took it appart to make some changes before I drove it, and the shocks were leaking all over the place.

I never said that this vehicle wasnt a good one, or that Losi makes a bad product. I just expect a little more from a company then broken product straight out of the box. If you don't, then that is your loss, and you will probably settle for mediocrity in other aspects of your life. Pretty sad in my opinion, but to each their own.

I also love that I was accused of "whining", but probably 10 of you little girls came in here and took the time to whine in response. Grow up.

My question was directed at Rich, if you dont have any input, dont open your dumpster.

Last edited by Mo-Bo0st; 10-10-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling mistake o.O
Mo-Bo0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post
Thanks for proving yourself and all these other retards wrong. You just pointed out that Losi can, has, and does make a product in the same price point with better equipment.

What RC enthusiast is seriously excited about the cheap ass radio that comes with this thing, and why should that justify skimping in other areas?

You guys need to grow a sack and quit swinging from Losi's. Stand up for yourselves and demand a better product for your money.

Its pretty sad when shocks are leaking before a vehicle even gets used. I literally pulled mine out of the box and took it appart to make some changes before I drove it, and the shocks were leaking all over the place.

I never said that this vehicle wasnt a good one, or that Losi makes a bad product. I just expect a little more from a company then broken product straight out of the box. If you don't, then that is your loss, and you will probably settle for mediocrity in other aspects of your life. Pretty sad in my opinion, but to each their own.

I also love that I was accused of "whining", but probably 10 of you little girls came in hear and took the time to whine in response. Grow up.

My question was directed at Rich, if you dont have any input, dont open your dumpster.
Oh and now we can get back on topic about the Fact that Losi has some new shocks coming out for the MRC!

Mahalo Have a Nice Day!

Last edited by Xtant3150c; 10-10-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

" You guys need to grow a sack and quit swinging from Losi's.".... WoW

That's just....well ....funny :-P ....Wow
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Nice I will be waiting to get mine.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #35

Rich, does Losi offer any other springs for these shocks than what is included or on the truck stock? I like having spring rate options. Thanks for your time!
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

I purchased a set of these shocks yesterday, nice product. How have some of you guys been setting them up? Oil weight, piston, and limiters if any?
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #37
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Rich, does Losi offer any other springs for these shocks than what is included or on the truck stock? I like having spring rate options. Thanks for your time!
I'm working on a spring set, but in the mean time you may want to try and use the Mini T rear springs as an option, they are shorter, but most people seem to be limiting their shock travel and I've seen some members using these springs
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1119

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #38
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
I purchased a set of these shocks yesterday, nice product. How have some of you guys been setting them up? Oil weight, piston, and limiters if any?
Here is my setup with the new aluminum shocks (as well as the stock shocks). I think a big improvement was relocating the lower shock mount to the lower link mount position.

For the uppers I'm using tlt standoff's in the front and axial standoff's in the rear with fuel line tubing through the shock mount hole.

This pic has the stock shock in it, I run this same setup with the aluminum shocks.

Last edited by badger; 12-18-2008 at 10:46 AM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Thanks badger, I moved the uppers already. On the lower mount does the shock and the link both have the pivot balls or do they share one ball? I also noticed you used the blue springs with little or no preload except on the left rear. What weight oil, and piston did you use . Thanks
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

He Rich are there any plans to release a "Super" Mini crawler with all the updated parts on it?
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote