Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Flippng the Trans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Flippng the Trans

I've seen that most people with a mrc have a flipped their trans. Someone explain to me just what they're doing. Are they switching the trans from the front to the back? Thanks for any replies.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

you take the skidplate and the trans all together and unbolt the skid from the truck. Then you just turn the Skid and trans 180 degrees around and rebolt it. you will also need to take the wires from the motor and esc and flip them so the red is with the black and the black is with the red. I did it and have seen very little improvement in the torque flex area. It helps to get room to put the battery on hte front links.
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #3

I have played with the trans flip also, and have also noticed very little improvements to the torque twist. Wound up flipping it back to normal, but yes it does make more room on the upper link, for mounting a battery
(which i believe is the main reason for this mod)

I have added 3.5 oz to each front wheel, and 2 oz to the rear, and put some preload to the shocks. Pretty much used all of the preloads the car comes with. Doing these mods has made a world of difference.

In regards to the front wheels and tires, if you add 3.5 oz of the lead stick on weights (great planes was the one i used) to the inside of the tire, it sort of acts as a bead lock. (note, i am using the stock electronics) basically the weights come in 3 oz strips, that are in 1/4 oz segments. Just peel the tape backing and stick / wrap it around the wheel. You will be left with a gap, seperate .5 oz (2 1/4 oz segments) to fill the gap.
Note: I just removed one side of the tire from the wheel, and flipped the tire inside out, so one side is still glued to the wheel. Then stuck the weights as close as possible to the tire that is still glued to the wheel. Then flip the tire back to normal, and carefully apply slight pressue (so you are sort of pushing the tire down on the wheel. Then put on the bead lock ring, remember its plastic, use appropriate torque. I am still testing this idea, and well let you guys know if it fails.

Other mods include, cutting the top plate mod to change the shock mount angle (got the idea from a fellow rccrawler forum member thx, great mod since it gives additional shock mount positions, relocated the electronics.

Now it crawls quite well, and looks sweet while crawling.
jccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpterbl1 View Post
you take the skidplate and the trans all together and unbolt the skid from the truck. Then you just turn the Skid and trans 180 degrees around and rebolt it. you will also need to take the wires from the motor and esc and flip them so the red is with the black and the black is with the red. I did it and have seen very little improvement in the torque flex area. It helps to get room to put the battery on hte front links.

You dont need to swap the wire, you just need to flip the switch on top of the transmitter.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote