Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: torque master

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default torque master

I bought a torque master, and got it in friday. It ran great the first day. The second day it would not crawl at first i thought it was my esc. So i bought a tiken fxr. Did not fix it. It runs great with the stock motor. The torque master seems to tight. Is this true or does it need to break in it is hard to turn also. PLEASE HELP
jason yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Assuming you bought it from JRH, contact him, he will be glad to help you out...
Good luck!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Brushed electric motors should always be broke in, they are different ways to do it but until the brushes are broke in it can run rough.
BigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:31 AM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

Also sometimes when people soldier the wires to a motor they use to much flux and it can corrode the inside of the motor. If you hold heat to the motor for to long soldiering wires you can damage it as well. If it came from John you can bet it was 100% when it left his place! There is no one in the RC motor business that builds and stands behind there products like John does. What all did you do when you got and hooked the motor up? (Don't think I'm saying you did something wrong, just trying to help)
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

That motor comes with the wires and plugs already soldered, it's plug and go. Once the brushes take the shape of the com it should be fine.
BigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default torque master

Yes the motor was from holmes, and the wire were instald.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #7

does the motor turn at all? If no then, something could of gotten into the motor and might be jamming the amature from turning against the magnets (note i have never seen one of these motors, so if it is completely sealed then this comment will be void) Another thing you can try is hold the motor by hand and put some current throught it directly (basically get a battery 1 cell will be fine, and connect it directly, you will need to hold the wires from the motor to the battery by hand.) Actually try this with out using the original wires that where soldered to the motor, use a completly different set of wires, this will eliminate alot of the variables. If it does not turn then its the motor, I am not say it was a defect, i am just saying the problem is the motor.

When you ran it the first time, did the motor get super hot?
jccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you did not break in the motor it's possible it got really hot and broke off a piece of the brush that fell inside and wedged the armiture or motor can, which will result in failure. Check your brushes.
liketocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Default torque master

The motor never got hot. I only ran the motor on saturday for about thirty minutes. When you try to crawl an obstacle very slow the motor whines and won"t move, you floor it and it goes.I pulled it last night with the motor out it does the same thing.