Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My MRC and Garden...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Post My MRC and Garden...

Been lurking for a while and figured I would post some pics before the snow flies. First time crawler owner here. Always like 1/18th scale so I was immediately hooked on the MRC. Living in a not so ideal place for crawling, I knew I needed an accessible spot. Turned an overgrown mounded flower bed into a nice little rock garden. This is deffinately still a work in progress so any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Crawler is fairly stock. So far I've done internal pen spring shocks with 45wt oil. Stiffens up, limits articulation, and removes a good amount of torque twist nicely, all for a $2.50 pack of 4 pens at the local CVS. Killed the stock servo pretty quick as most of us have lol, added a Spektrum z590 and works well. Never gets hot and has decent torque, not to mention all I had to do was remove it from my DX3 box. Also running a 2s 1900mah lipo in the stock position. Planning on doing a scaler with the L-trail eventually, but for now just having fun. Will soon be doing blue compound, probably bashers, and try the pvc beadlock mod.

MidniteMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice! You need to throw some gate markers in there
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You got it made in the shade with that spot, right now it's kind of a round pile of rocks you could reposition them in a way that would create some better crawling opportunities' In nature you never see them in piles there more hap hazard it's not how many but how there located and placed. The trees and shrubs are a nice touch.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

hey nice yard! lucky :( peace
drewmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the compliments guys. Like I said its definitely a work in progress. Need more rocks. Plan on adding some height and moving out to a wider diameter. Need more rocks. This is about the third arrangement I've done so far. I sell landscape on the side during the spring/ summer months, so it was just natural to add some. Also everything is evergreen which is what I wanted for sure. Did I mention I need more rocks?
MidniteMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote