Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Some noob questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Some noob questions.

I just got a MRC used but pretty much stock. He hacked it up pretty good. Cut the battery tray and cut the back of the body off. Anyway here come the questions. The shocks leak oil is there seals in them that go out often? I tried with no oil like my friend does on his 2.2 but there is way to much torq twist and articulation. What wt oil do you guys run? I grabbed some 30wt sounded good to me. Also how do you bleed these shocks? I never messed with a bleed screw before so I could really use the advice. What else... Is there any aftermarket upper links avalible for the mrc or no?

Thanks
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Stock shocks leak pretty bad, hard to justify buying oil you know is gonna get spilt all over the rocks... I've heard 30 wt in the front 35 wt in right rear and 40 wt in left rear helps combat torque twist... I've got 40wt in all mine and it doesn't twist too bad.
GixxerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Fill the shocks with oil to the threads. Apply the lid and screw on completely tight. Loosen about 1/16 of a turn. Slowly push the shaft in. It will take you about 40 seconds if you do it slowly. Then completely tighten up the shock. To prevent torque twist maybe add a heavier weight oil to the side it twists to. You may also might want too look into getting mini t or mini lst shocks for the long run.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I was thinking about that. Mini LST shocks seem to be the big hype. Thanks guys. What about the upper links? Any avalible?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Most guys are fabbing their own links and tweaks themselves, but I'd suggest spending some time cruising this thread, there have been so many posts on this great little rig that you're certain to find just about all the info you'll need.

Enjoy your MRC
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I tried searching this forum but all i can find is people posting thier rigs not really any problem/solution threads. I ran into a problem I was putting the shocks back on and on the rear where the shock mounts the plastic eye on the screw head side is split and is not holding that well. Do I have to get another casing? Is there a better place to mount the shocks? I plan on getting mini lst2 shocks soon but for now I will just run the stockers. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by h8z2luze; 11-08-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

All your issues are somewhere in the forum, although rarely in a specific thread for them.
The shocks DO crack at the eye,, it happens often it seems. I run HR shocks on mine but they aren't very popular. (Smoothness)
The battery tray is typically cut... ... But cutting the back of the body seems a bit odd.
Check out the advertisers on the forums here for upgrades, they are coming out pretty quick.

Last edited by Sonny; 11-08-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: grammar
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

No the eye on the axle case split. But ya I can see where the shock eye would split too.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Let me add yet another noob question to this, I know losi is (has) released some specific MRC aluminum shocks, would it be better to use them or the LST's. I'm really want to tune my shocks to combat torque but it would seem kinda pointless to work on the stockers.

Last edited by WarTrader; 11-08-2008 at 07:10 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote