Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My Newborn---"Wideload MRC"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My Newborn---"Wideload MRC"

Came up with the name since everyone seems to be going with stock width.. you would be surprised how well it does for being WIDE...
Went to my first comp over the weekend and had a blast.. Was up in Folsom and I cant say enough thanks to the crew from Nor-Cal RC.

Just wanted to provide some pics of the new born and her progress. Last pics are of some setup.. Since last pics I have installed 60mm Axial arms for chassis braces. Axial front servo plate with Hitec 645 along with Alum horn. Losi Blue Compound Basher Tires.. Castle Creations BEC...

Pics are not in any order so sorry

Losi6821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

I've been running 3/4" wideners on my mini for about 3 months, I think I was the first to try them... Mine does great with them
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I've been running 3/4" wideners on my mini for about 3 months, I think I was the first to try them... Mine does great with them
OK you def. got me beat then... But I can say they are one of the greatest improvements we can do..
Old 11-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

It takes away from your steering a bit but I did a little trimming and it's back to close to what it was.....
Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Looks good. Source for your wideners? And how bout those aluminum knuckles?
shimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #6

The tires you have on there now vs. the stock ones that come on the MRC...

Your opinion?
Wible90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Dude great looking pics man. Your ride is coming along nicely. I should have my wideners in the next day or so and I'm stoked to put them on.
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Who's your Daddy-0!

Like I said though guys when you get them on you will not like the turning on it! You need to get the Dremel out!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
RCC Addict

looks cool man, I got some of the 3/4" wideners for my 2.2 and ended up getting hung up on the pumpkin everywhere, so they have been sitting in my toolbox sence. I think I will test them out on my mini as well and thanks for the tip on sterring kenny, I will have to get that cut off wheel ready.
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
looks cool man, I got some of the 3/4" wideners for my 2.2 and ended up getting hung up on the pumpkin everywhere, so they have been sitting in my toolbox sence. I think I will test them out on my mini as well and thanks for the tip on sterring kenny, I will have to get that cut off wheel ready.
I was writing about this earlier, people I crawl with have put wideners on their 2.2's and had bad luck because the trucks get hung up so much.
I have seen people decimated in local comps because of wideners.
BUT because the mini is so small I am eager to install and try them out.

When I run my mini in difficult technical sections I do flip sideways often and I know wideners help with transitions, so I'm going for it.
If they suck I'll take em off.
Wild Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Yea the ax10 has a huge pupmkin, I guess so does the tlt and other similer axles, I dont own those so I couldent say for sure, but these little losi axles are ultra small I think the wideners would realy help, I realy like these axles and cant wait till they sell them separate, they will sell like hotcakes for scaler people.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
Who's your Daddy-0!

There is a guy on Ebay selling MRC axles for $100 buy it now....he has sold a few like that, that I have seen. Don't know how he is doing it unless he is buying kits and parting them out?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi6821 View Post
Came up with the name since everyone seems to be going with stock width.. you would be surprised how well it does for being WIDE...
Went to my first comp over the weekend and had a blast.. Was up in Folsom and I cant say enough thanks to the crew from Nor-Cal RC.

Just wanted to provide some pics of the new born and her progress. Last pics are of some setup.. Since last pics I have installed 60mm Axial arms for chassis braces. Axial front servo plate with Hitec 645 along with Alum horn. Losi Blue Compound Basher Tires.. Castle Creations BEC...

Pics are not in any order so sorry
OK now I have heard 55mm and 60mm axial links for chassis braces. Which is the distance between the chassis plates on a stock MRC?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #14
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Default widener shaving?

I am going to get a set of the g-made wideners and have read what you guys are saying about shaving some off to enhance steering but I'm confused. Where are you shaving with the dremmel? Do you have any pics?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
I am going to get a set of the g-made wideners and have read what you guys are saying about shaving some off to enhance steering but I'm confused. Where are you shaving with the dremmel? Do you have any pics?

[Originally Posted by Wible90
Hey I'm looking into getting the TLT wideners for my MRC. Just curious, what exactly do you have to ''shave off'' or dremel down to get better steering?
Thanks,
Trey]

Tattoo Kenny: Recess the screws in the C's to sit lower into them and shave the steering arms on the knuckles to get a little more out of them
Wible90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wible90 View Post
[Originally Posted by Wible90
Hey I'm looking into getting the TLT wideners for my MRC. Just curious, what exactly do you have to ''shave off'' or dremel down to get better steering?
Thanks,
Trey]

Tattoo Kenny: Recess the screws in the C's to sit lower into them and shave the steering arms on the knuckles to get a little more out of them

thats is very good advice on how to improve steering with the wideners.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
There is a guy on Ebay selling MRC axles for $100 buy it now....he has sold a few like that, that I have seen. Don't know how he is doing it unless he is buying kits and parting them out?
yea ive seen that, rc boneyard right? i almost would rather spend the extra 140 and get another kit, i hope when losi sells these axles separete they go for something like 30 for one 60 a pair, i realy dont want to see them any priceyr than that, cause i feel they shouldent be, the ax10 axles are like 40 apeace and comming down in price i think .
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
OK now I have heard 55mm and 60mm axial links for chassis braces. Which is the distance between the chassis plates on a stock MRC?
The chassis is actually right about 57-59MM soo the decision is to stretch out the chassis a bit with a 60mm or use some spacers(washers) and go with the 55mm.

Last edited by WarTrader; 11-13-2008 at 03:01 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wible90 View Post
The tires you have on there now vs. the stock ones that come on the MRC...

Your opinion?
Ok......My opinion.. Great tires compared to stock.. Much more flexible and grips like a dream. The Blue Bashers do run a little WIDER then the Blue Compound Claws... My next purchase is the Blue Claws with a set of Beadlocks.. Only issue is that I want the beadlock screws to sit flush with the beadlock.. seem as if everyone that has made them are leaving that detail untouched.

Thanks
J
Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Like I said though guys when you get them on you will not like the turning on it! You need to get the Dremel out!!!
Sorry still a newbie..

Can you be more detailed in what you are advising US to do? In ref to the dremel....

Thanks