Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Good first Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #1

Default Good first Crawler?

I already have a couple other R/c's.. Savage 25, Brushless Mini-t, Brushless Mini-lst.. So I am not new to the hobby.

However I have never owned a crawler. Would the Losi Mini-Rock Crawler be a good first crawler?

A few other questions:
-What is a good price to pay for one?
-How much do essential upgrades/parts cost? Does it come with everything necessary?
-Is it (or crawlers in general) fun to drive when not in competition?

I'm trying to decide what kind of new r/c I should get.. persuade me towards this/any crawler!

Thanks for any help
zaner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i was choosing between this and the axial, however the size of the axial reminded me of my t-maxx and the space needed to enjoy the nitro.
there are now tons of hop-ups for this rig to make it capable. choice and preference would be yours.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Crawling is a great sport to get into. It's very addictive and unlike other RC's, crawlers don't require constant repair and replacement of broken parts. You can find MRCs for 240 shipped all over ebay. It comes with everything you need and is a blast right out of the box. Nothing really needs to be purchased unless you want to upgrade to blue compound tires or servos, things of that nature. Crawling is really about having fun.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

CKRC is out of stock but they have them listed at $209.99.... I think I saw that they were $224 shipped....
GixxerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The LOSI MRC is complete {even batteries for the transmitter} If you do NOT need a nice 2.4 gig radio, then maybe the Axial would be a better choice.... I asked "LOSI or Duratrax HILL CLIMBER" the results were LOSI hands down UNLESS I went to the AXIAL. I chose the LOSI because of the radio included price was less than the others.

we are in the process of remodeling our house and I get to build a rock garden on the side, It is nice to be able to go outside and crawl and not need to travel to drive {like my boats}

I bought a LOSI first and do not regret it at all. the after market parts are coming.

I also have an AXIAL KIT, I need to supply my electronics, motor etc. but I will know that one inside out

If there are crawling areas near you, you might check them out an see what others are running...
dostacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The Losi is my first R/C crawler and so far ive been very impressed with it. Not only performance but durability.
RoCk SkuLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

The Losi is a great crawler to have in your RC garage whether it's your first or your fifth.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

A-main hobbies has a 10% off deal, and free shipping. So the total out the door would be around $206
Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #9

Default Good Price!

$218.98 shipped at this site. iam going to buy it here tonight

http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/category.sc?categoryId=126
laportm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Thumbs up

This is an awesome little rig. I have had it for 1month now and I'm completly hooked on crawling. I have upgraded to a better motor, lipo battery, lipo cut-off, hi-tec 645 servo and love the performance imporvement. Tons of options for modding. Several modifications you can do right out of the box for free (search forum). You will not be disappointed with the Losi MRC. I'm so addicted to crawling I now have an Axial ax-10 artr on order.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
RCC Addict

This was my first crawler and i never looked back, i owned A LOT of nitros in my day, up to 8 at one time, and now i own only this crawler and its better than owning all my pervious trucks. JMO. I never drove mine in stock form, but after all the mods i did to mine it crawls insanly good compared to some of my friends trucks. Deffinitly worth the money. I bought mine off ebay for a hobbytown that was in florida i beleive, it was $250 buy it now, brand new truck in the box with a extra battery, Duratrax onyx 220 charger and a battery adapter. Thsi set up works great for me and the truck is phonomenal.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #12

how long are runtimes stock????
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
how long are runtimes stock????
I get 1-2 hours. Sometimes more.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #14

wow that a long runtime from losi. one more whats the cheapest anybodies found it for??
Old 11-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerGeoff View Post
CKRC is out of stock but they have them listed at $209.99.... I think I saw that they were $224 shipped....
can you give me a link??
Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #16

The Losi MRC is my first and only crawler so far. I have a few other R/Cs ranging from my Jato down to a Micro-Baja.

The Losi MRC is a great choice IMO. I have only used it in the house so far and that's mainly why I got it. I wanted to use it inside when it's too late or too inclement to go outside. I will try it outside on real rocks eventually. And you just know the aftermarket support is coming. It is a Losi product afterall. There are already a lot of great options. It is expensive for what you get, though. It's as much or more than some 1/10 RTR R/Cs.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #17

Anyone know if the MRC uses the same/similar packs as the mini-t/mini-lst? I have plenty of extra nimh and lipo batteries for those minis.. and it'd be nice to be able to use them in the MRC
zaner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
whats the cheapest anybodies found it for??
You can get it for $206 with free shipping. Just add code jjdppten8 at checkout and price goes from 239.99 to 206 and some change.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/26090
Old 11-21-2008, 06:26 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner123 View Post
Anyone know if the MRC uses the same/similar packs as the mini-t/mini-lst? I have plenty of extra nimh and lipo batteries for those minis.. and it'd be nice to be able to use them in the MRC
Yeah, theyre the same packs.