Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Flipped tranny noise??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Flipped tranny noise??

I just flipped my trans with and added a torquemaster motor. I'm getting alot of excesive noise is that normal? The motor is zeroed per directions. .... The gear mesh isn't too tight I put a peice of paper between the gears before I tightend them. nothing seems to be binding.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
I just flipped my trans with and added a torquemaster motor. I'm getting alot of excesive noise is that normal? The motor is zeroed per directions. .... The gear mesh isn't too tight I put a peice of paper between the gears before I tightend them. nothing seems to be binding.
I'm not sure if the noise is the same as yours, but when I put in my mini-TM motor it seemed liked the motor itself is just a lot louder than the stock one.
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #3
RCC Addict

i have the same observations with the MTM, it dont bother me until something breaks, which for sure will not be the MTM. its just the nature of the beast. it is not stock, it the MTM
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

My aftermarket motor is louder also. I've noticed more gear noise also, it may be due to the higher RPM.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #5

i just flipped my tranny and it was making noise, so i switched the throttle to normal, then i messed with the throttle settings on my DX3.0 until the noise stoped. im running stock motor.

Last edited by driftin2crawlin; 11-24-2008 at 08:00 AM.
driftin2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I have a flipped tranny as well as the torque master mini. I have also noticed the tmm is louder than the stock motor, but worth it for the major power increase. I have also noticed that my stock esc seems to be dying (hesitation and louder than normal squeeling when throttling) after installing the torque master mini and 2s 1650mah lipo. Anyone else have similar problems?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote