Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: articulation death

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #1

Default articulation death

i four linked my mrc and it eliminated the tourqe twist but also killed my articulation is this just the nature of the beast or did i just screw up the design putting pics up soon
me13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I'm planning on 4linking mine also,but what from I have read losing some articulation can be a good thing on these lil guys.
dezslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by me13 View Post
i four linked my mrc and it eliminated the tourqe twist but also killed my articulation is this just the nature of the beast or did i just screw up the design putting pics up soon

yeah i just did mine, lost some but not much. I think thats the way it goes with a normal 4 link. works good. maybe a little better.
Ryan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Keep it real

Too much articulation can hurt performance in various ways, get stuck in holes, more axle steer/swing, etc...
These mini's will perform much better if you limit the articulation from stock. I limited my stock shocks about 1/2".
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
RCC Addict

the stock 3 link had way too much articulation compared to 4 link which i have now. it had more side to side movement due to the design.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by me13 View Post
Your post is difficult to read without any punctuation or capitalization, but I "think" I understand it.

Randomly throwing four links on it isn't going to help. There is a lot of geometry and physics involved. Try experimenting with the 4-link geometry a bit. The number of links is less important than the geometry.

start with this thread for some insight:
Anti Squat and Suspension Tech

Last edited by toybuilder; 12-01-2008 at 10:38 PM.
toybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I think that my mrc has to much arctilation it will wedge the tire between the body and wont go back till you reverse it a little, although it is only on the side that the torque twist is 99 percent of the time. How do you guys limit the arctilation? I have it lowered with the new losi upgraded aluminum shocks. 40 weight oil in all but the one left rear that is 50weight oil, with the spring adjuster screwed down about twice as much as the rest of them.
zr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr600 View Post
How do you guys limit the arctilation? .
An easy way to do it is to put some small diameter fuel tubing over the shock shaft. Put it between the ball end and the shock body. The fuel tubing will now limit the compression of the shock.
toybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote