Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: BTA Anyone....????? I Did

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default BTA Anyone....????? I Did

Everyone.. Just made myself a BTA.... If someone does not know what BTA stands for... it is... Behind The Axle steering...

My camera crashed on me this evening so Im going to go buy a memory card reader so I can transfer my photos...

As you might know My rig is as follows below..

What I did is replaced the axial servo plate that I had to install for the full size servo upgrade..

Made a custom long bracket out of alum. for the servo to mount too.. Had to cut of the end of the turn nuckles to drill out 3mm holes for the new link....

I realize that the above info sucks but I will have photos for everyone Tuesday night..
Losi6821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

were do you crawl in folsom ????
Jason S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

yea I did bta on my lmc search for my build thread if you want pics
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
RCC Addict

did you have good fit on the HR knuckles and C`s ?
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #5

Default yup, It works great

No close ups yet, I think Im gonna make my own knuckles with a highsteer pitman and relocate the servo a la john holmes. bta on these little guys really limits shock placement locations.
heres my thread :
cheers, wadepics and description of vulture tuber

Last edited by vulturebikes; 12-02-2008 at 08:41 AM.
vulturebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #6

Behind the axle steering would be great. That servo sticks out farther than the wheels and it hits everything and sometimes gets hung up and/or prevents you from climbing things head on.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
were do you crawl in folsom ????
I did the last comp at Folsom Lake.. But I crawl at an indoor track off of Watt Ave.. Called Capital City RC..

Posted pics of the new BTA
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Sorry about the late pics everyone...

Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Looks great man! I was thinking about doing a BTA steering on my new comp rig, don't know if I want to spend the time on it though.

Couple suggestions before you go to our next event (so I don't beat you to bad ;) ):

1. Ditch those 2oz weights on top of your servo mount plate and get a set of DNA beadlocks to keep your weight down low.

2. Replace those screws on the bottom of the axle with button head screws to get more clearance.

3. Get some of the blue compound Losi Claws if you haven't done so already.

Again, nice job.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Looks great man! I was thinking about doing a BTA steering on my new comp rig, don't know if I want to spend the time on it though.

Couple suggestions before you go to our next event (so I don't beat you to bad ;) ):

1. Ditch those 2oz weights on top of your servo mount plate and get a set of DNA beadlocks to keep your weight down low.

2. Replace those screws on the bottom of the axle with button head screws to get more clearance.

3. Get some of the blue compound Losi Claws if you haven't done so already.

Again, nice job.
My Friend... DNA doesnt want my business..... LOL seems as if I keep emailing them and they dont reply.. Losi made some but they are not heavy enough..

I so want a beadlock that is 5oz or more each rim.. Seems as if everyone doesnt reply to PM or emails.. Only my trusty Friends like you Badger or anyone from JPHracing, Redmike, Up and Over, or Zorlac..

I will def. do the screws on the lower portion of the rig and I already got a set of the Losi Claws.... Love them.. Too bad I had too glue them on another set of rims.. Instead of Beadlocks...
Old 12-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #11
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi6821 View Post
My Friend... DNA doesnt want my business..... LOL seems as if I keep emailing them and they dont reply.. Losi made some but they are not heavy enough..
I'm right there with you, I've got an email into Don at DNA I sent three weeks ago with no reply. I think they get overwhelmed at times.

I just ordered a set of the Losi Aluminum beadlocks and even though like you said they are a little light on weight, I am planning to wrap more stick on weights around the bolt on weights in comes with to give me the ~5oz overall weight I want.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Nice job on the BTA.

Have you taken a look at the Erickson 1.9 Comp Heavies for the MRC? I think they are only 2.9oz. though but you could add lead to them I think.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #13
Im Brandon

Check out mayhem's 1.9's as well. JPH is running them on his MRC.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Sorry about the late pics everyone...

Wow! Looks like a nice steering setup. I'm tempted to try something similar, but I really like having my lipo tucked under the frame on my links and I'm thinking that there's probably no way to squeeze my lipo in there and have the BTA :( Maybe I'll have to tinker with it some though if I get time.
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

looks great man, hows it all running for you? After playing around today I am really considering going this route. Were there any post that gave you a lil how to on this or did you just wing it?
Drvnbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
RCC Addict

nice job on the bta setup i like the connecting bar looks to be a bit stout in design
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvnbeing View Post
looks great man, hows it all running for you? After playing around today I am really considering going this route. Were there any post that gave you a lil how to on this or did you just wing it?

I found a couple posts in the 2.2 world for BTA. but seems as if no one in the 1.9 class had done it or if they did they were still using steering rods as there push and pull design.

A friend of mine did a bta on his 2.2 with the same alum. bar style. So I copied his design and made it smaller for a 1.9... You will have to get the alum stuff for upfront... so you can drill into something solid and not your stock plastic stuff...lol..

My steering is off a little.. meaning that my right side is toed out.. so Im going to redo the bar this weekend.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
nice job on the bta setup i like the connecting bar looks to be a bit stout in design

Thats the point tho my friend...LOL i had to tho.. no other spare parts available.. lol

Thanks for the compliment

J
Old 12-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
My steering is off a little.. meaning that my right side is toed out.. so Im going to redo the bar this weekend.
this looks great! just even it out so both sides are toed out just alittle, this will help with turning radius!
getbent2night is offline   Reply With Quote