Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: quick servo question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

Default quick servo question

I have been following the RC crawling world (this forum) for awhile and took the plunge a few days ago and bought a MRC. Im a bit of a noob. so bear with me. So far i have a bad shock and my steering servo is slipping under high load.

Should i replace the stock servo? Get a upgraded mini servo? Or go with a 1/10th servo?

Are upgraded aluminum shocks worth it?

if you guys could give me a direction and a part # or two i would really aprieciate it. thanks.
dan1061986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Most People upgrade to a full size 645 Servo, however then you need a new mount. I went with a Hitec 225mg and an aluminum servo horn. It's a direct fit. Most people would say don't get a 225, but if you set your endpoint adjustment correctly you should have 0 troubles. Like me.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #3

It's probably your stock servo saver "slipping". Either tighten it or put on the hard-mount servo saver that came with your MRC. The stock shocks suck like all plastic stock shocks. Aluminum shocks will definitely be a worthwhile upgrade, but the best brand has yet to be determined.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #4

I should have been more specific, when i am trying to steer under high load i can here the servo gears start grinding like a coffee grinder.
I'm new to rc, but I'm pretty sure that's not a servo saver issue right?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yea thats not good. stripped out the servo. I am still running the stock one with no problems. One question for every one not to hi jack but if i have the stock radio still and want to do a 225 do i just turn down the steerin knob and will that help keep it form dying?sorry for hijacking.
dezslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1061986 View Post
I should have been more specific, when i am trying to steer under high load i can here the servo gears start grinding like a coffee grinder.
I'm new to rc, but I'm pretty sure that's not a servo saver issue right?
Yeah grinding noise is never a good sound when gears are involved. Looks like it's time for an upgrade. I'm baffled as to how you screwed up your stock servo unless you changed to a solid servo saver.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

On my first run I stripped my stock servo. I tightened the servo saver and run unweighted Mayhem BL's with reduced Panthers. I'll be installing a Hitec 645MG soon.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #8

I'm still running the stock servo saver and i haven't tightened it at all, i have converted my living room into a indoor course (that's what people mean by bachelor pad right?) and i got my tires bound up between a couple couch cushions and i was steering and applying generous throttle and it stripped, i wasn't supprised.
I have been abusing it since the first charge, many falls from boxes tables and furniture, i figure i will build it one broken piece at a time.
I feel like some drive-train part is going to let go next, i think some of these indoor obsticles really snag tires bad and i have a lead foot, err hand.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
RCC Addict

hitec 645 gonna be a good replacement for the stocker, it also seems to be a wise move than going to another smaller servo then wanting the full size down the road. but the final word will be from you.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote