Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Droop MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Droop MRC

Heres a picture of my mrc in the hills was pretty bad went to get x-mas trees and no snow even at the top of the mountain but had fun. My drooper is running stock shocks with heavy oil and no springs, but fuel tubing outside for limiting, it runs ok but I think ill be added internal springs as soon as I get time. It has all stock electronics but everything is on the links and no more battery tray it was tossed and put in 60mm axial rods for support. I dont like the stock plastic lockers cause mine went out on my second drive. Was worth buying and is definately a change from running a 2.2 well heres a picture and I might post up a video.

DENNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #2

I don't know how you people are blowing your stock drivetrain pieces with the stock electronics. This is what the slipper clutch is for, but I have to say my slipper has never kicked in. They have it extremely tight from the factory.

I also bought Axial 60mm links. Could you please post photos of how you have the Axial links and shocks mounted on yours?

I tried running my stock MRC with a droop setup just by removing the springs. I liked it because it lowered the CG significantly, but it also took away too much ground clearance.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I tried running my stock MRC with a droop setup just by removing the springs. I liked it because it lowered the CG significantly, but it also took away too much ground clearance.
He's using fuel tubing to adjust his ride heigth, but still keep a good low CG.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Ive got a few foot of fuel tubing so I could throw a couple pieces in an envelope for a couple people if needed. Ill try to post some pictures up later today.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Heres a couple of how it looks. The front will be moved soon cause my battery is acting as a shock limiter instead of the tubing when on flat surfaces.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't know how you people are blowing your stock drivetrain pieces with the stock electronics.
Me either...i have probably damn near 2 pounds of weight added to various parts on mine and i abuse the piss out of it and havent broken anything yet other than a steering servo...
Jeffro600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Dont know how it happened, bought it took it to the paradise comp and then the day after I noticed that my left front wasnt grabbing like it should so now im gonna order new lockers. If I can get my little video up you can see its not locking up like it should.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I have a Holmes torque master mini, and a 1650 lipo and havn't broken anything after 2 months of abuse. Of course now I will 2nite.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote