Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: losi wheels and tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default losi wheels and tires

ok so im runnign the losi alum wheels and blue claws. im having problems with the tire roling to one side or the other. it makes it so i have no outer wall on the tire and the tires seem to allways go towards the axel. im runnign the blue foams and im not sure if they are the problem or not. ne one else having this problem and if so what can i do to fix this?
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #2

i just switched mine out today, seems to be rolling fine try super gluing the tire to the wheel cause it seems to slip a little bit even with the bead locks
whodaman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

no no no im not have problems with the beads pulling out my tires just lean to one side or the other and im not superglueing onto my alum rims lol >_< im thinking about trying to cut down some other foams to maybe fit a little better
Old 12-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have a few customers running the Claws on the Losi Beadlocks, none of them have commented on that issue. I have noticed that the Losi Beadlocks are a bit wider than the stock plastic wheel, hence making the contact patch wider and lowering the profile of the tire just a bit. I haven't noticed any issues with them pushing to one side though.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default losi beadlocks

I'm running the Losi Beadlocks fully weighted with memory foams and bashers and they are rolling towards the axle as well, but don't seem to affect the performance any. Havn't had any slippage issues but would rather run the claws. I was going to star cut the blue foams but if that's the problem maybe not!
mikro383 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

damn so the memory foams dont help at all. i just wasnt sure if i was doign somethign wrong or not lol
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

sounds like we need to look into a slightly wider tire with a compound similar to the losi blue claws... i haven't looked at the 1.9 hammers yet.. any1 checked the size compared to a claw? compound difference?
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I run the blue bashers as well and also have the same concerns about the sidewall of the tire rolling toward the axel. When side hilling the wheel ring on the down hill side is almost on the rock.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote