Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Anger INC. Aluminum Unlimited Jeep MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #41
Metal shaper

painted front tube work and got it mounted up. already got scratched up when i wheeled today, and broke another axle. started fabbin up the new roll cage.

CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #42
Metal shaper

got some work done to the roll cage tonight. still need to add some more tube and clean it up, also still need to make tube center console.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #43
Metal shaper

got the cage pretty much done. shifted the skins forward, still need to finish modifying them. waiting on a new body to get the skins re-trimmed and mounted properly. thinking of going ahead and making a tube chassis and making it all one piece, but i may save that for another project and let my son have this one. also added more rocks to my playground, i still need to go get the rest but i couldn't load them by myself.

Last edited by CarterFab; 02-21-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added video
Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

awesome manual machine work on those wheels.

nice rollover, that thing is sweet.
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #45
Metal shaper

Default 4 link mount

Decided not to machine a 4 link mount as to stay with the scale theme. threw some paint on it just to see what it looks like under there. still have to weld the link tabs on when they get here. got all my rod ends and tabs ordered today. im going to have all the tube work powder coated silver when im done.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

i love this build thread! this jeep is awesome! you did one hell of a job so far! keep up the good work
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #47
Metal shaper

i really appreciate all the positive input. thanks guys, helps keep me motivated.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #48
Metal shaper

Default more rocks and tire test.

well i added another truck load of rocks, the big ones i couldnt get by myself before. although i had to unload them by myself. i also mounted up my blue claws to do a tire test. the blue claws hook up great and really seem to find traction if you just work the wheel and let them do their thing. only problem is size. if you are running in big rocks or big gaps they just dont cut it. had to use a lot more throttle than expected but would often make the climb, or shoot the gap. the flat irons just shine in my opinion. i could pretty much just go where i wanted and not worry about the diff getting hung, or my break over angle. i couldnt try all the same lines because some idiot didnt charge his battery last night and it went dead within minutes. overall if you just run slick rock and like making crazy climbs on that sort of stuff then go with the claws or bashers i assume. the lower sidewall really helps with cg. if you run around in big rocks with gaps and such then its obvious. this is just like 1:1 crawling. when i was in moab i ran 37" mtrs. here at home i ran 42" swampers. it just depends on the terrain. i took video but it didnt save for some reason. sorry.
i didnt take it easy on this thing yesterday and it shows. one thing about the smaller tire is you also get more wheel speed. it was kind of fun when i wasnt hung up on everything. both sets weigh the same by the way with my mods to the original wheels.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

wow! that course looks even awesomer than before!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #50
Metal shaper

Default electric failure/BTA

well as you may have seen in another thread on here, something elec. finally gave way. on the other hand it will give me more time to focus on fab work. i dropped some things off at water cut today and have to finsh up some templates for some other things to cut out. got the new skins marked today so i can cut them out. stripped every thing back down, waiting on my l trail. got almost all my link stuff from RPP and got my new body today. used the stock tvp to hold everything while i do a little mock up. used tlt link mounts for new shock mounts and for rear 4 link. still laying that out. need the chassis. also started on the bta. wow what a difference.

yup thats much cleaner up front.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #51
Metal shaper

Default Changed some things up

well i decided to go ahead and go full tuber. got everything almost done today. got the new body skins modded and sent off to paint as well as the 10" HID light covers. Got the stickers on my winch and got it repositioned. still have some sheet metal work to do but its getting there. ready to get a brazing setup so that i can do a better job on the next one. still waiting on my HH TTM to show up. Its beginning to be a baja crawler.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

This is really looking good bud. Hey what are you planning for the boat sides. I have some 1/8" thick white UHMW if you want some for it. Sorry I didn't call you today but I wasn't able to get away. :-(
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #53
Metal shaper

Default Holmes TMM is the shit.

i got my torque master mini from holmes, and all i got to say is holy shit. this motor kicks serious ass. my truck weighs in at 4 lbs 3.5 oz fully loaded, and i havent added the battery pack for the lights yet. this motor will launch this truck like its got a big block in it. will def. be breaking the remaining plastic lockers. got some tuning do on the suspension still after my little test run. i just taped the elecs in place so i could see what was going on with the new build. pretty happy so far. will post pics later next week and hopefully be getting my body tomorrow from paint.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

can't wait to see this put together. You get an external BEC for it yet? Let me know so I can get it programed for you. Look in the for sale section too. Theres a set of 2.2 hammers for $10.00 Get them and I will make you a set or 1.9s out of them.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #55
Metal shaper

Default paint

got the front skins back from paint. have to finish welding on mounting tabs for skins and bend the new rear aluminum skins. going to machine some wideners for my wheels to push it out to 8". finish building the lights and get the winch wired up. paint the tube work, and probably some things i am still overlooking.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

HOLY CRAP! That thing just keeps getting better and better! I want to make one exactly like this now....thanks alot . But it sure does look awesome. A shame to watch that paint eentually get scratched and banged up :-( Oh well. I don't know comp rules, but would you be able to run this in a comp? If so, I know what my MRC is going to be.
-Austin

Edit: Nevermind I just read the first post again, it's a modified Nylint body.

Last edited by amorton94; 04-01-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #57
Metal shaper

thanks man. these skins are for when im driving in a more controlled manner where scratches are not likely, i still have the other red skins to swap out when i bash it or my 5 year old is driving.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

But where's the fun in that?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

effen a man, effen a...

those parts look awsome. good work.

BTW, any interest in selling those chassis plates you made. They are bitchin
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Great build, it's awsome.

BTW, will you upgrade the drive shafts in your project.
IS520 is offline   Reply With Quote