Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Drive shafte extended replacement and links.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #1

Default Drive shafte extended replacement and links.

Sorry for such a newbie question guys but, i plan on extending my MRC and i dont know how long the shafts can extend because they are telescoping shafts. I plan on extending the wheel base to about roughly 10 inches. What driveshafts will be a good replacement for the new wheel base and where can I get them? I also need new links, where can i get an extended 3 link or do i have to go 4 link?
all hung up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

RC Crawler issue#1 (should still be available) page 102. Build of a TCS L-trail chassis that uses MRC parts. To extend the driveshafts he used a male driveshaft portion on the pinion and the trans output. A female driveshaft section was cut off and used as a coupler. HTH
Richard.
rex cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by all hung up View Post
Sorry for such a newbie question guys but, i plan on extending my MRC and i dont know how long the shafts can extend because they are telescoping shafts. I plan on extending the wheel base to about roughly 10 inches. What driveshafts will be a good replacement for the new wheel base and where can I get them? I also need new links, where can i get an extended 3 link or do i have to go 4 link?

The L-Trail has multiple hole options for different wheelbases, so the stock uppers and lowers will let you go from stock WB to 10". The driveshafts will need to be extended though. (see the post above by rex cars)
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #4

Default L-trail chassis?

Sorry for yet another newbie question but is the L-trail chassis the stock chassis or what is it? sorry this is my first crawler and i am kinda new to this stuff
all hung up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by all hung up View Post
Sorry for yet another newbie question but is the L-trail chassis the stock chassis or what is it? sorry this is my first crawler and i am kinda new to this stuff
Dude, no need to apologize. I'm brand new too and on my first crawler. Here is a link to the chassis. http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Proto-Tes...r-p-17075.html
rex cars is offline   Reply With Quote