Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Trans flip motor problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #1

Default Trans flip motor problems

I am new to rock crawling and modifing my RC's. In the past I have just repaired what I broke. I performed the trans/motor flip and I have been reading it will burn up the motor. I believe this is because the wires are being switched. (?) When I flipped I just moved the switch on top of the remote that switches the control fwd is now bkwd and vice versa. Will this still burn up the motor? Thanks for any input

This forum has give me so many ideas and wish list. My wife has a MRC as well and we love them so far and she even wants to dosome mods.

One last question does any one make a tuber for the MRC? I am not talented enough to make my own yet.
trailreadyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

DMG make some nice ones. Check them out in the vendors section.
morg59jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailreadyklr View Post
I am new to rock crawling and modifing my RC's. In the past I have just repaired what I broke. I performed the trans/motor flip and I have been reading it will burn up the motor. I believe this is because the wires are being switched. (?) When I flipped I just moved the switch on top of the remote that switches the control fwd is now bkwd and vice versa. Will this still burn up the motor? Thanks for any input

This forum has give me so many ideas and wish list. My wife has a MRC as well and we love them so far and she even wants to dosome mods.

One last question does any one make a tuber for the MRC? I am not talented enough to make my own yet.
www.tcscrawlers.com
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The motor will(can) still be a problem. The problem isn't wires it is the timing of the motor it's self and being a fixed endbell you cannot adjust it back to a zero timing.

The mini torquemaster from here http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...8&cat=0&page=1 is the most popular replacement and comes right to your door with the motor's timing at zero soo you can run the tranny any way your heart desires and not cause any dmg to the motor because of it.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I have had a flipped trans for 30+ packs and haven't had a problem.

If you plan on moving the electronics, you will have to do it any way, so keep an extra motor handy just in case you blow it...(even tho my stock'r has lasted 2 months) :-P

JK,
but I changed the wires on the motor. (red to black/black to red) and left the Switch in the default position.
NooB84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Talking Torque Master Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
The motor will(can) still be a problem. The problem isn't wires it is the timing of the motor it's self and being a fixed endbell you cannot adjust it back to a zero timing.

The mini torquemaster from here http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...8&cat=0&page=1 is the most popular replacement and comes right to your door with the motor's timing at zero soo you can run the tranny any way your heart desires and not cause any dmg to the motor because of it.

x'2 on the Torque master mini
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
RCC Addict

trailready: The motoer in the mrc comes from the factory (as Most crawler mtrs do) timed at "0" degrees. So swaping the wires on the motor will not hurt it. Your actually making it run in the correct direction; if you compare it to the Axial, you'll see that flipping the mrc tranny gets the mtr to face the rear, the oem dirrection for the Axial, we then flip the Axial for the dig and thus have to rewire or rotate the timing 180'....

Bottom line, flip the tranny, swap the wires and don't worry
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #8

Thank for all the input. I just finished most of my first mods. I am going to run it with the stock motor until is lets out the smoke then I will upgrade to the mini torque master.
trailreadyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I'm still learning about a lot of this myself,but I flipped mine,wired it red/red black/black and just flipped the switch on the controller.I had it the other way for a few days and then decided to change the wiring back to original.I guess if or when it dies,I'll just buy the torquemaster mini.
WranglerV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default mrc

i flipped my motor around black to red , red to black, mounted batt on front 3 link esc on rear and rec on top of trans drilled holes 1 inch up on body tha lil thing rocks
dannymilholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
RCC Addict

what does the trans flip do... h0w does it help...
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
what does the trans flip do... h0w does it help...
It allows more room to mount a battery or electronics on the front upper links.
redmike is offline   Reply With Quote