Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ESC temp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ESC temp?

Hello all, my first thread on this site so go easy on me. I've slowly been building up my MRC for the last few months, and I would like to give a general thanks to everyone and their willingness to share their builds as I have scored many a good idea off this forum. But now to the question (that I hope has not already been asked, as I did search for it)...

How warm (or hot) does your ESC get? I have more of a background in RC cars/trucks where 8' of air is the norm, a world where if you can touch any of your electronics for five seconds and not have skin blistering your rig is normal. I have done a fair amount of mods, listed below are those who might put a strain on the ESC. After a recent string of mods I now notice that my ESC gets warm after a few minutes of crawling. I have heard of people referencing warm ESC's but is this normal or should I start stealing money from my wife's purse for a Tekin.

Stock motor
Stock ESC
Stock Radio
Hobbico CS-71 BB MG servo (don't ask me I found it in my parts box)
Proline 1.9 Flat Irons (And yes they kick @ss, I'll review them in a few days)
Stock wheels w/ PVC beadlock conversion
1-3/8 oz weight in each front wheel
3/4 oz weight in each rear wheel
Uniballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #2

i did notice my esc got a little warmer once i put weights on the front wheels. but nothing bad.
me13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by me13 View Post
i did notice my esc got a little warmer once i put weights on the front wheels. but nothing bad.
How many packs do you think you have run through it since it started getting warm.
Uniballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Default Stock esc

In my opinion the stock esc is weak. I installed a holmes hobbies torque master mini and ht 645, and the esc started squeeling really bad, hesitating, and glitching. Save your pennies and get a tekin. The tekin fxr is awesome!! It is really quiet compared to the noisy stock esc, and has much more adjustability as well as a built in BEC and lipo cut-off.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote