Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: I want one. A couple questions though.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #1

Default I want one. A couple questions though.

Hey guys, this is really my first time on this forum. I am usually into bigger electric trucks like the slash and e maxx and stuff. After seeing this the other day on youtube i realized that it can crawl better than i thought. I saw some sweet stock videos and it did great. So here are my questions.
1. Is it worth the $240?
2. Can i put my brushless system in it or would it screw it up? (kinda a stupid question but it would be smoother, longer battery life, and better brakes)
3. Where can i get some different tires and bodies?
4. Can you fit just regular 2.2 rims and tires on it or what?

Thanks. Sorry if this is to many questions but this is my first crawler.
fusebmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

1. Yes it is definately worth the money you have to remember it comes with spektrum radio and reciever and the reciever alone is 85 dollars
2. you do not want to put a brushless into this if you rea more in these forumns for the most part brushless are not good for crawling. There is definately exceptions to this rule and for the large 1/10 stuff there are brushless systems out there that work. but i do not know of one that will work well in the MRC. This is because you will Cog like crazy witha brushless system in this. It will not be smoother it will be the opposite very twitchy and so on at such low speeds.
3. losi makes a great lookin mini grappler body that come precut and for tires its pretty much the consensus to buy the losi blue compund mini claws
4. there is a guy on here that is trying out a "2.2 MRC" his post is farely recent but quite frankly the drive train in these is not meant for a 2.2 and i am fairly certain that it will wear out quite fast.
swisherteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #3

Thank you. Ok so basically what i want to do when i get it is. Put the battery on the front, move the esc to the rear axles, and lower the body some. I want to try to make it the best i can for cheap. Might add weight to the rims also.

I am sure that they do not use brushless in these because the kv is to high. You could probably find one with lower kv that would work. and with lipo it would be pretty smooth. But probably not really worth getting cause it wouldnt be much better.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

do the badger free mods (do a search of his threads) and you will be good, you will be needing hours to read thru all thats on here but will benefit you in the long run.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOOTZ View Post
do the badger free mods (do a search of his threads) and you will be good, you will be needing hours to read thru all thats on here but will benefit you in the long run.
what he said. that was my start . i did the free mods took it out and it was night and day from stock .
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #6

Thanks alot guys, i will find that thread and see what i can do.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If you look around for sales, you can get then cheaper than 240$...I paid 204.95 Shipped.....
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote