Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: long time away info please on mini crawler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #1

Default long time away info please on mini crawler.

I have been away from RC for 15 years wow there is some really cool stuff out there. I have already picked up a Slash for bashing and now looking for a crawler.
1. Why did you pick the mini over other sizes?
2. The 2.4 radio that come with the mini crawler would it work on the slash if I change receiver.

General input on the mini would be appreciated.

Thanks
BMXRDAD
BMXRDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXRDAD View Post
I have been away from RC for 15 years wow there is some really cool stuff out there. I have already picked up a Slash for bashing and now looking for a crawler.
1. Why did you pick the mini over other sizes?
2. The 2.4 radio that come with the mini crawler would it work on the slash if I change receiver.

General input on the mini would be appreciated.

Thanks
BMXRDAD
I'm a little biased on why I would pick the MRC over other sizes (right now). but to answer question #2, yes if you pick up a Spektrum rx (SPM1210) or a replacement Losi rx they will work in your slash. The only down side is that there are no end point adjustments on our basic DSM radio that is included with the MRC. You may not need them on the Slash, but thought I should mention it.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have an AX-10 and a Losi mini, I live in a very cold climate in the winter, My AX-10 sits on a shelf all winter while I crawler indoors with the Mini. I could not build a big enough course indoors to make my AX-10 fun.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

already had a 2.2 and thought the MRC would be a fun indoor crawler...but I was truely shocked at what it was capable of after a few mods. I can almost* follow my 2.2 around.
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
TN State Champ 11,12,13

The Losi mini crawler is a blast to play with indoors during the winter. You can crawl over couch coushins or small piles of rocks. I have several big piles of rocks in my basement that I crawl with the Losi. You can really get a feel for crawling without taking the plunge into the much more expensive 2.2 rigs.
I started with the Losi MRC and fell in love with crawling. 3 Months later and many hundreds of dollars later I'm competing in both 1.9 with my Losi and 2.2 with my Axial ARTR. Read everything you can on this forum and you will have a good idea of what you want to buy. I recomend the Losi for this winter and a 2.2 in the spring.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

i actually kept my stock tx from my mini to use as a spare for my slash works like a charm.

while im crawling i let my nephew bash around w/ it
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote