Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Default New guy

Hey all, your typical "new guy" Thread! I wet crawling a few weeks ago and a guy on the run pulled his two crawlers out on the lunch break, I came home and ordered the mini!

I know absolute crap about these things but have had a BLAST for the last week. Any suggestions you could give to a newbie? All stuff named before I am sure, poor traction, center of gravity too high. Thanks!

I am on a pretty limited budget as of now, but that could change
223voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

if you want to do a cheap mod (all you have to buy is 3mm nuts) , you could take off the electronics tray and move everything down for the center of gravity being lower. the nuts are so you can bolt the upper shock mounts to the chassis plates. if you want better traction get some new sticky tires. sorry i cant help you with what tires cuz i have herd of so many tires that work well. when i got new tires i just got the ones i liked.

well good luck with your build.
KrazyKrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

these are my stock front tires inside and out view. i rarely use my stockers now but this was my first mod while i was waitin on the mailman. i got 4 weights in each back tire too. helps with cog alot . got the weights from lhs they are just som 1/4oz stick weights like for airplane rcs. Also try movin your battery the the rear axle(where i got mine) or the front and lower the body about an inch. some people flip the motor and trans backwards to help with torque twist but i found little to no advantage myself. what i have done though is drain all 4 of my shocks and fill them with blue grease....yes actual grease.lol stock shocks tend to leak out most their fluid in a short time anyway. if you want a tip on my grease procedure pm me its kindof a trick gettin it all the way into one of those shocks. anyway it got rid of most all my torque twist and i got some real smooth steady action on the rocks. and read read read through all the forums that look interesting.almost all questions have been asked before and some of the old tymers dont like to answer the same questions a hundred times lol use the search feature. you did right by joining this site

Last edited by Reflection; 02-08-2009 at 07:54 PM.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #4

As a member of other boards, I know how annoying it is to post, and repost the same things that keep coming up. I am trying my hardest to read and comprehend whats going on... I will do my best.
223voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Best free or cheap mods would be:

Remove electronics plate and mount shocks using 3mm nuts to the side plates in existing hole. Mount front shocks to the outside.

Flip transmission around to provide more room up front and help to counter act the torque twist.

Make new mounting plates for the top of your upper links using lexan or other thin plastic (whatever you have available). I used dividers from a tackle box cut to size.

Mount ESC to rear upper link, mount reciever to top of transmission, mount stock battery to front link (this is why you moved the shocks to the outside). Use velcro or servo tape to hold all of it in place.

Add weight to your tires.

If you are running the stock shocks you can refill them and add teflon tape to the threads then mount them upside down. This will help slow down the evacuation of the shock oil.
Attached Images

fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote