Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My orange & black NAT v3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My orange & black NAT v3

Here's a couple shots of my orange and black NAT v3 from DMG. Jerry's work is fantastic and its a great design (slightly updated from the first NAT v3). Highly recommend his frames.

Everything is stock right now except for the steering links. I put in some Integy aluminum links and I really like them, much better than the bulky flexy plastic ones. Losi aluminum shocks are on the way. Right now I'm trying to figure out a custom batt setup that will fit inside the frame. After that I'll probably start swapping out knuckles and lockers etc.

dave
dave m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
RCC Paint & Graphics

Nice looking rig. I may have to look into the steering rods. i didn't know Integy made those.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthrasher View Post
Nice looking rig. I may have to look into the steering rods. i didn't know Integy made those.
Oh yeah, I didn't know those steering links existed either... but I found them on Integy's website - I'll be getting a set of those for sure!

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...22&p_catid=149
SeanWcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I've read some negative feedback on Integy in general, but I gotta say the links are great.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That's a killer looking chassis...good call on the color combo. Jerry out does himself every time...makes me want to replace my V1 Nat
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
That's a killer looking chassis...good call on the color combo. Jerry out does himself every time...makes me want to replace my V1 Nat
I totally dig my NAT v3, but I gotta say, I think the v1 may still be my favorite style from DMG. Your flat black v1 is sweet, and a very clean build.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Like a boss...

Looks great!

Creepy - you can sell me your v1 rig and start a new build.
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #8

That's a really cool chassis! I love the orange and black combo.

The Integy steering links don't look any less bulky than the stockers! How much smaller are they?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's a really cool chassis! I love the orange and black combo.

The Integy steering links don't look any less bulky than the stockers! How much smaller are they?
The Integy links are 3/16" in diameter while the stock links are a hair over a 1/4". A difference of about 1/16", not much in numbers but the appearance up close is much lighter (may have to do with the color change as well). The feel is stiffer than the stock links.

I would have preferred to get some of the SS links from Cody here on the forum but he never returned my email so I gave my money to Integy.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Here are some new shots of my NAT 3.

Below you can see my new Ni MH batt from www.cheapbatterypacks.com. I decided to just get an upgraded 6 cell pack instead of a lipo. It should give nice long run times which is more important to me than a smaller batt. Fits right under the hood, I get full articulation ad it only touches the frame when fully compressed on both sides at once.

Last edited by dave m; 02-21-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Here's a shot of how I mounted my on/of switch. The new NAT v3 has these nice side vents that were perfect for bolting the switch on.

And here's what happens to your nice custom made frame when you go "hill climbing" and roll your decent from 10' up (what's that to scale? yikes!). My DMG chassis is great and very tough. I kind of like the scratches I'm putting on her. The bent bar is ok as long as I don't bend anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to keep her wheels down more often than not. I hope Jerry like people to abuse his rigs cause I sure am.

Edited to add: I can't say enough good things about Zorlacs tube frames. These things are awesome, you need one, go get one!

Last edited by dave m; 02-20-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Beautiful frame - I am very close to pulling the trigger on one - maybe next paycheck. Did Jerry paint this up for you, or did you add the orange paint on your own? I love the orange color - looks sick!

Quick question; I've noticed that this Nat V3 looks different from the V3's offered below - can you fill me in on the differences & advantages? Thanks!

the DmG -NAT/v3
Rare Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Did some searching via the forums and answered my own question regarding the new style of frames - looks great. Still interested on the color combo, and if this is an option via Jerry. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I like the looks of the polished lower links they stand out
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear View Post
Did some searching via the forums and answered my own question regarding the new style of frames - looks great. Still interested on the color combo, and if this is an option via Jerry. Thanks!
Yeah, as you found out, this is the "new" v3. with side vents and thinner back bars. I really like it and Jerry's work is awesome. As for colors I don't know what his policy is, I asked for that orange on flat black and he made it up for me. Be aware that its not powder coated and will scratch relatively easily. I don't much care, it is a rock crawler after all. But if I had the ability I might try to PC the frame for extra protection.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Dave - thanks so much. I love the looks of these tubers, and I will more than likely be picking one up next month. One other question, if you don't mind. I will be running the Losi Aluminum MRC shocks as well, and I noticed you had to use a spacer to keep the shocks from interfering w/ the frame - can you tell me where I can locate such a spacer when I get ready to go for the Nat V3? Thanks!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear View Post
Dave - thanks so much. I love the looks of these tubers, and I will more than likely be picking one up next month. One other question, if you don't mind. I will be running the Losi Aluminum MRC shocks as well, and I noticed you had to use a spacer to keep the shocks from interfering w/ the frame - can you tell me where I can locate such a spacer when I get ready to go for the Nat V3? Thanks!
The spacers on the outside of the fame, where the nut is, are only to help protect the paint as I constantly move the shocks around. The inner ones prevent the shock tops from rubbing which makes them pop off the ball stud. You don't need much space, 1/16" - 3/32" should do it. I just picked up the smallest stuff I could find at my local hardware store. I'm still looking for something cleaner looking. But anything will work including 2 3mm washers stacked under the std.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave m View Post
The spacers on the outside of the fame, where the nut is, are only to help protect the paint as I constantly move the shocks around. The inner ones prevent the shock tops from rubbing which makes them pop off the ball stud. You don't need much space, 1/16" - 3/32" should do it. I just picked up the smallest stuff I could find at my local hardware store. I'm still looking for something cleaner looking. But anything will work including 2 3mm washers stacked under the std.

Dave - thanks so much!! I should be able to stumble across something that will work. Again, thanks for all your help - one sweet rig!!