Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Flat-irons...memory foam to hard...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Default Flat-irons...memory foam to hard...

I've been running my proline 1.9 Flat-iron mounted on DNA assisans for a few days now... mounting was easy and they do grip MUCH better than stock the extra pumpkin clearance has also helped. Anyway, I'm starting to think the stock memory foams are a bit to hard... yes I vented my tires...4 3/32 holes in each... still the tries just don't seem to wrap as well i think they could/should. I really don't want to cut the memory foam... looks like a HUGE PIA compared to cutting regular foams(yeah its my first set of memory foam). are any of the other brand memory foams softer? should I just get some regular foams and cut um up? or maybe I should just stop bitching about the little stuff and just drive the darn thing
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Wink

b) stop bitching and drive the darn thing, final answer
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
JSN
Quarry Creeper

I knew it
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #4

How much weight (if any) are you running? Also I have noticed the memory foam proline provides get hard when they get cold. That could be all memory foams though...
rllnstns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Right now I'm not running any added weight... with the extra weight of the assisans and flat-Irons I'm about where i was with the stock weighted rims and tires... I liked that set up except for the lousy grip of the stock tires. I do run my battery on top of my steering servo for extra weight up front.

Forgot to add... its kinda cold here in vegas (47 at the moment) they WILL soften up when it hits 120!

Last edited by JSN; 02-13-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #6

i ilve in ohio didnt know until i bought mem foam thinking they wood help traction but thoz things get harder then the the stuff your climbing around 20degs. temp . stock tires and foams work better in this condition then mem foams and blue comp. tires
grrman is offline   Reply With Quote