Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Carnage!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Carnage!!

I was testing out some of the new mods I made to the mini yesterday and noticed the left front not spinning all the time, so I ripped it apart and found that the left side of the locker was cracked in half! I flipped it over and found that only one screw head was left holding the other side together... The heads snapped off and the rest was stuck in the ring gear!! I could not find the remaining "MIA" screw heads till I hit it with some motor spray... they were stuck in the grease on one side of the case. Now I can't even install the upgrade lockers in the ring gear since the screws are still stuck in it. This blows! We have a comp next Sunday and the mini is wounded bad! Anyone else have a problem like this? I only have about 1 and a half packs on this rig, two at the most.:neutral: I sent a PM to Rich, I'll let you guys know what happens.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
I sent a PM to Rich, I'll let you guys know what happens.
Why would you PM Rich because you broke your rig? Go to the hobby shop and buy some new parts, it's not Losi's fault you are hard on shit.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
RcBros Hobbies

Currently both my lockers front and rear are broke. $6.00 and you got a replacement for all 3 lockers on ur rig. Not bad really. I picked up a set yesterday to fix mine
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, that's it Jason. I strapped in a 4 cell lipo and was clearing 30 ft. triples with it! I PM'ed him because the super tiny screws that hold the locker parts to the diff ring gear just snapped right off. He already pm'ed me and is taking care of the problem. I posted it here because I wanted to know if others ran into the screw issue when upgrading to the metal lockers or they came right out like they should... I removed the rear to check it as well and all the screws were fine & the locker looked good but I tried to loosen the screws and SNAP, they broke as well. I have seen others beat on these things like nobodys business but I haven't even had a chance to do that, I have been adding stuff since I got it and have only drove it for 15 minutes total.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

When my front diff let go it was the locker that broke. I happend to have 3 screw heads cracked off too but assumed it was because of the lockers failure, therefore my fault. Rather than order a whole new diff replacement I re-used the remaining screw and used super glue to install my new hot racing alumin diff that replace everything but the metal ring gear.

I had the same thing happen but I dont see it as Losi's fault...

Jon
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You guy's are reading too much into this, I asked Rich for help on this matter and he responded right away. He did not say if it was a problem others had been having simply he could help me out, which I appreciate greatly. He offered to send me the ring gear and nothing else. I don't expect anything else either. I wanted to upgrade to the metal lockers anyway (which I already ordered from CKRC). So since he did not say it was an issue I simply started this thread to see if others had seen it happen. I never slammed Losi on this or any other matter and I will definitely buy other Losi products in the future. So Guy's don't get in my face for asking a Product REP for product assistance!

That is all.